9.

~The Warning~

the sound of the horn rang all through the island. today was the day the Tulkun had finally come back to the village to visit. Tsireya and I rode our Ilu around notifying our people of their arrival, everyone started cheering and jumping into the water to go greet their spirit sister/brother. "the Tulkun have returned" Tsireya excliamed loudly to everyone "Everybody our brothers and sisters have returned" I yelled after her waving my arm in the air.

We were drifting on top of the water still telling the people about the Tulkun when I spotted Neteyam and Lo'ak standing outside their Marui looking out at all the Tulkun. "Neteyam!" I called out to him loud enough for him to hear over all the noise. he and Lo'ak turned their heads to us and smiled widely. I glanced over at Tsireya smiling then I got off Turu to get on the docks. Neteyam helped me up and I thanked him, Lo'ak doing the same for Tsireya.

"what's going on?" Lo'ak asked after helping my sister. I looked over at him noticing his hand gently on Tsireya's waist, supporting her. "the Tulkun have come back; they are our spirit brothers and sisters, they come to visit every now and then" I said smiling at Lo'ak. I looked over at Neteyam "come; I want you to meet my Spirit sister" I said to him before grabbing his hand, leading him to the water; we called our Ilu and jumped in. 

I swam next to Neteyam trying to spot my spirit sister in the crowd of Tulkuns. I turned my head to look at Neteyam to see him smiling widely at all the beautiful creatures in front of us. He must have noticed me staring cause he turned to look over at me, I smiled at him moving my Ilu closer to his to bump it. he gasped but did the same with his Ilu. 

Turu must have saw my spirit sister because he started squeaking excitedly. I looked down at him confused, then lifted my head to see my spirit sister Ba'lou' , her head out the water showing off her new water tattoo. "her names Ba'lou" I said to Neteyam smiling at him, he returned it before looking back at her. I smiled happily and slid off  Turu and into the water. Ba'lou went back underwater and I followed. she made small clicking noises excited to she me I smiled and put a hand on the side of her face.

('this' - means their using sign language) 

"I see you sister" I signed to her using my hands. "I see you, how have you been?" Ba'lou made soft clicking noises talking back. "I am well, thank you" I replied back "anything new happening in the village?" she asked wanting to catch up after being gone so long. I smiled thinking for a moment. "A family from the forest arrived a couple weeks ago seeking Uturu... there's a boy, he's different.. very special..." I said pausing for a second, I looked up towards the surface where Neteyam was and smiled. he wasn't paying attention to us, his focus being on something else around. I looked back at Ba'lou "...I think I'm falling in love" 

My Spirit sister is very smart, and always noticed things with little details, and by the way she was looking at me and the moment I saw her look towards the surface, I could tell she knew I was talking about Neteyam. she looked back at me "I have a good feeling about this one sister" she squealed out. I looked up again this time seeing Neteyam's focus was on back us, I smiled and waved for him to come down.