1.

•The Arrival•

I sat in the middle of my family's Marui (home), while adding more beads and shells on a string, i was halfway finished with my beaded bracelet when i heard the horn blow.

i didn't think much of it at first thinking maybe the hunting crew arrived back from beyond the reef, but then it sounded again, and a third time, indicating something else in fact is happening.

I hesitantly, got up and walked to the outside frame of the marui, I looked up and saw five ikran flying high in the sky, with a slight smile on my face, i made my way to the shore to meet our new guest.

when i arrived at the scene i noticed my brother and Rotxo were already there. "look, what is that?" Rotxo slapped Ao'nung's arm then pointed at two boys that looked around our age "is that supposed to be a tail?" he added, aonung laughing along

i rolled my eyes at their childishness and walked passed the family trying to get good looks at them without making it obvious. i made eye contact with a taller teen as i walked towards my brother, i gave him a soft smile and a little nod as a welcome.

But he seemed more intrigued as he just kept staring at me, i held my head high and stood next to my brother, breaking the contact.

I heard the water behind me splashing a little, i turned my head and noticed my sister sliding off her ilu and into the water, turning my head back around i noticed the other young boy staring at her with slightly raised eyebrows, i smirked a little and looked away waiting for my sister, until i heard Rotxo speak again.

"it's to small, how are they supposed to swim?" Ao'nung, again laughed along with him.

i was going to scold them for their rude behavior, but my sister seemed to have beat me to it. "do not, Rotxo, Ao'nung" pulling his arm away looking them in their eyes.

they stopped laughing, i greeted my sister with a head nod in which she returned it, before turning back towards the family.

"hey" i heard a voice say, looking up i noticed to same boy looking at my sister in the water looking at her now with a slight smirk on his face.

i looked over and noticed my sister blushing with her head down. i smiled at her and bumped her arm, but she just continued to smile and giggle.

soon my father arrived onto shore, flying over our head on his skimwing, he greeted the older male na'vi, that i assumed goes by jake sully, as my father says it in greeting, the other forest people greeting my dad also.

my mother then walks through the crowd of metkayina people, as they let her through, she looks up at my father then back at the omaticaya people.

"why do you come to us jake sully" my father asked him, holding his arm out slightly in-front of himself.

he looked back at his family and stretched both his arms out to his side and answered my father's question "we seek Uturu"

"Uturu?" my mother repeated, looking at my father then back at jake sully

he nodded "a sanctuary for my family" taking a couple steps closer towards my parents.

my mother walked forward as my father explained to jake sully and his family how there skills wouldn't be needed here considering they are forest people and we are reef people, which he wasn't totally wrong about.