006

Taeyong put on his best sweater and baggy jeans, grabbed all his belongings and the cookies, and quickly made it out of the house. He opened the location that Jaehyun had sent him and discovered that it actually wasn't far from his own house. It was only a 15 minute walk away, he didn't even have to take the bus. But he is running out of time since the time they agreed to meet at us only 10 minutes away. He sped up his walking speed and by the time he got there, he was panting slightly. Still he managed to pull himself together before ringing the doorbell.

Not long after, Jaehyun came to open the door for him. "Hey Jaehyun!" Taeyong said with a small smile. "Hey." the other replied monotonously. The smaller then remembered the cookies in his hand that he had made for his crush. "Here are some cookies I made for you!" he beamed and handed the plastic bag to the younger. Now what came out of Jaehyun's mouth was "Thanks I guess. Come in," but was he really meant was "These are so beautiful. Thank you! Please come in."

Taeyong followed Jaehyun into the house. As they walked through the house, Taeyong observed the other's house deeply. He was completely mesmerized by the beauty of Jaehyun's house. It was big and elegant, with black and white tones. The furnitures and decorations looked like they cost more than his life! Soon enough, they arrived in front of the younger's room. Jaehyun walked in, but turned back when he noticed the other was no longer following him. He chuckled lightly (which he covered up with a cough) when he saw Taeyong in the amazed state. "Taeyong." Jaehyun said to snap the older out of his trance. "Aren't you gonna come in?"

"Oh! Y-yea, of course." he replied, slightly startled. Jaehyun led them to his work table so they can start working. He gestured for Taeyong to sit down as he grabbed another chair and placed it next to Taeyong's.

"We should start with the research. We can split the topic half-half to save some time," Taeyong suggested, to which Jaehyun only replied with a small nod. With that, they started working, both of them periodically stealing glances of each other.

They worked on their project for a few hours when Taeyong finally finished with his topics. "I'm done!" he beamed with a huge smile on his face. "I'm almost done," Jaehyun replied. Taeyong took the chance to walk around his crush's room. It was just as beautiful as the rest of the house, but a little different with the decoration style. He guessed that Jaehyun probably decorated it himself since it matched his style pretty well. "Your house is really pretty, Jaehyun," he complimented.

Jaehyun closed his laptop and looked at Taeyong observing his room. "Thanks. My parents are interior designers, so they designed this place to match their liking perfectly," he replied. The other looked back at him and smiled softly, however his eyes held a hint of pain. "That's nice. They have great taste." Taeyong said back.

Jaehyun found himself wanting to know more about the other boy. "What do your parents do?" he asked to the older. For the first time in months, Jaehyun saw Taeyong without a smile on his face. He immediately regretted asking that question. It took him a few seconds to answer the question. "My parents aren't alive." he said quietly. Silence was heard throughout the room. It took a few moments for Jaehyun to respond. "I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have asked."

Taeyong put the smile back on his face, which made Jaehyun relieved. He didn't want to see the older without a smile ever again. "It's okay, Jaehyun. You couldn't have known. Besides it was a long time ago," Taeyong said as he sat down on the younger's bed. Jaehyun leaned forward in his chair and they found themselves staring at each other. Taeyong saw a handsome boy who is smart and has the most perfect life. Jaehyun saw a beautiful but broken boy whose smile is brighter than the sun. They snapped out of the trance when Taeyong's phone dinged with a message.

"I-I have to go. My brother is waiting," he said as he got up and began to pack up his bag. He looked everywhere except at his crush. He was blushing hard. Jaehyun saddened at the thought of the other boy leaving until an idea popped into his head. "Where do you live? I'll drop you off. I have to go to the supermarket anyways," he said, this time with a smile, showing his dimples. "Are you sure? You don't have to. I only live a 15 minute walk away," he said, still avoiding eye contact. "No no. I insist. Come on."