Three

کوئی جادوگری تو ہے تجھ میں
ایک عمر سے تیرے اثر میں ہوں۔

Koi Jadughiri to hai tujhme,
Ek umar se tere asar me hu.

⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆

Emaaz: 28
Layla: 22

England's weather was always cold, so cold and rainy, gloomy and grey, so much so that it effected your mood. You thought you like rain, but then you come to realise rain in different countries held a different meaning.

You missed your country, your family, your house and your..

Layla stopped the track of her thoughts and her running came to a halt on black bricks. She squeezed her eyes in pain while wheezing with all the running. So the thing was that Layla was terrible at running, well, terrible at any kind of sports or physical activity. So why was she running, because she learnt the hard way that changing country doesn't do shit to your brain or heart. Distance makes you crave that certain someone with a ferocity that splinters your heart every single day.

She took a step towards the main entrance of the house situated in high bank lane surrounded by lush greenery. She rolled her eyes at the black name plate infront of their black iron gate.

'Durrani house'

What was the point of chachu Hashim coming to live six thousand miles away, if Durrani name was etched into his heart.

She opened the gate with her remote and jogged to the entrance. She expected chachi Mina to be cooking in the kitchen alongside the cook and chachu to be sat infront of TV watching a news channel. Ruman however must be either sleeping or fighting with his wife Shiza over their newborn Lamisa who was her heart. She loved their firstborn Raees as well but Lamaisa was still a six month old pinky, whitish doll.

Ruman and Shiza studied together at Leeds Univeristy and later got married. Shiza was a british pakistani, but less pakistani and more gori. She just wouldn't give the time of the day to her kids. It was always either going to her mother's house or brunch with her friends. Her mother egged her even more which led to their almost broken marriage.

She sighed and said salam to Hashim chachu and chachi mina and ran to her room not waiting for their reply.

Hashim removed his eyes from the TV and his heart softened at the sight of Layla. The piece of his brother Hanan. He loved the child to death, maybe even more than his idiot of a son Ruman. He sighed and called Mina to serve their breakfast.

"I can't deal with this anymore Shiza, you have got to be kidding me, your daughter is burning with fever and here you are dressed to go out at bloody 9 in the morning. What's so bloody important than Lamisa?"

Ruman stood barefoot at the head of stairs while Shiza was at the bottom ready to go out. He was in a disheveled state, his hair were messy, he was still dressed in his white button down shirt and pants from his office wear.

Hashim sahab hated when they brought their fight outside of their bedroom. He stood up clenching his teeth.

"Oh you ask me what's so important? Why don't you tell me Rumi, what were you doing with your so called sister in town yesterday, oh yeah I saw you both together doing god knows what in the car. Why don't you ask her to take care of your kids since both of you have replaced me anyway" Shiza said vehemently and strode out.

Everybody stood in the hall shocked at the new statement, while Ruman went red in the face at watching Layla who was just coming out of the room. He saw red and followed Shiza while Mina begum stood sobbing.