Chapter 11

When we eventually got set off, I decided to tell Leo and Piper about my dream. It was weird, that's for sure.

"Hey, guys," I started, getting their attention. "I had another dream last night. It was about my dad."

"What happened?" Piper asked.

"I'm not really sure. There were two people, a girl around our age, and my father. They were - " I realised that this dream concerned Jason and he was still asleep.

"They were what?" Leo asked.

How do I explain this? "They were talking about Jason. Can we wake him up?"

Leo shrugged. "You can try."

Piper shook him awake. His eyes snapped open. "Cyclopes!"

"Whoa, sleepyhead." Piper said.

"D-Detroit," Jason stammered. "Didn't we crash-land? I thought - "

"It's ok," I said. "We escaped, but you got a nasty concussion I want to check out. How're you feeling?"

"How'd you - the Cyclopes - "

"Leo ripped them apart," Piper said. Better sit back, it might be a while before I can explain. "He was awesome. He can make fire - "

"It was nothing." Leo said quickly.

I laughed. "A whole lot of nothing. Now Piper, explain quickly, you guys need to know about my dream."

So Piper told Jason how Leo had single-handedly defeated the Cyclopes, etcetera, etcetera.

Jason was impressed, and I couldn't blame him. It was cool.

I decided to cut this short. "That's enough. I need to tell you guys about my dream."

Jason looked puzzled. "What dream?"

"The dream I'm about to tell you about." I said. "So basically I saw my dad again. He was with this girl around our age, and they were talking about a missing person. Jason."

There was a simultaneous gasp.

Leo held up his hands in a time-out symbol. "So wait, your dad knows Jason? As well as some other chick we are yet to meet?"

I nodded. "It sounds weird, and I can't deny, it gets weirder. So my dad asks the girl if she got any godly messages or whatever, and she said No, I should be asking you that. Jupiter's your grandfather, not mine. So that means - "

"That your great-grandfather is Jupiter." Jason said. "Or is it Zeus?"

"I don't know. But it's pretty crazy, right?"

He nodded. "I guess we're related then. Can we just say we're cousins? It's much less complicated."

I shrugged. "Sure. Oh, another thing I thought you should know. The Cyclopes mentioned another a demigod they ate. They said he wore a purple shirt, spoke Latin and was a son of Mercury."

Jason stiffened, as if he realised he might have known this kid. "I'm not on my own then." He said. "There are others demigods like me."

"Jason," Piper said. "Of course you're not alone. You've got us."

"I - I know .... but something Hera said..." Hera? When he did he speak to her? I sent him a questioning look. "I was having a dream .... "

He told us the weird dream he had.

"An exchange?" Piper asked. "What does that mean?"

I grinned. "Exchange. An act of giving one thing and receiving another ( especially of the same kind ) in return."