10. Events in the Night

Strolling through the graveyard at night might seem menacing to some, but it was comforting to him. Hands behind his back, he read every name carved on the tombstone, some dating way back to the 18-1900s, others more recent in the 2000s.

During his everyday visit, he never really looked at any other graves. He only stalked over to the one he wanted to visit and sat there. But today, for some reason, he took his time strolling around.

"What's a dragon doing here?" Akira's ears caught a gentle whisper, but he paid it no attention.

"I don't know, but he looks familiar.." His eyes furrowed at the voice. It was like he heard it before, but he couldn't recall when or where.

"Shit. That's Akira!" The same voice exclaimed, making him snap his head upwards to see two black figures standing by a grave, one of whom was jumping up and down, waving his hands to grab his attention.

"Akira! Right here!"

With a large smile, Akira ran over to the two, tackling the purple haired to the ground in a hug.

"Oh gosh, I missed you so much!" Akira cheered, finally letting go of the Grim Reaper so he can stand up.

"I missed you too," spoke the purple haired grim reaper, "I went back in hell to visit you a few days ago and found out you were released,"

Akira smiled and nodded his head, "They released me like, 20 years ago."

"Damn, I should've visited more often," He chuckled before his brother cleared his throat, catching his attention.

"Am I missing something?" Asked the blue haired, much older looking Reaper.

"Ah right, Augustus, meet Akira, the Black Dragon warrior, and the king of storms." He introduced. "And Akira, meet my brother, Augustus."

"Ho- fucking shit, the black dragon?!" Augustus exclaimed, awestruck as if he has just seen his celebrity crush- most probably, that's exactly what he feels like.

"Yeah, that's me."

"Shit, you're so cool, I literally love reading about you."

Akira laughed out loud, shaking the grim reaper's hand. "Thank you," Akira turned to the Grim Reaper he knew. "How do you know his name? Doesn't your memories get removed?"

Akira could tell he has struck a difficult nerve, watching the two look around the whole place, "I'm sorry if I've said something wrong-"

"They returned," said the purple one, looking down, "Things happened, and they returned. And by the way, I'm Stefan."

Akira smiled, "That means I won't have to keep remembering those numbers, Stefan."

Stefan laughed, running a hand through his hair. He looked around. "What are you doing here?"

"Wanted to visit Prae.. thought might as well walk around." Akira shrugged before his eyes roamed down to the grave they stood by, "Who's grave is it?"

"My lover's," Stefan glanced at the grave in admiration, eyes snapping over to a hand that reached out to place a white rose in front of it. "There's nothing inside, I just wanted him by my side.." He said, gesturing to the adjacent grave, carved as 'Stefan Spencer'

"I hope he rests in peace," Akira prayed, reading the carvings on the stone, eyes squinting in confusion. "If you don't mind me asking, who was your lover?"

Stefan raised an eyebrow before replying, "He was a vampire, Azura." An unknown smile played on his lips, remembering his lover and his love for him.

"Stefan.. tell me, was he someone important..?" He asked, the name had sent off something in his mind, as it was just so familiar.