17. The Sword Heist

At midnight, the three gods were once again at the museum, not in the front gate, but the back, below the window through which they will be entering the museum.

"Ah, this crushes my pride." Akira mumbled, staring at the window while Eros put on a mask before handing him one. "What measures must one go through to retrieve his own stolen belonging."

"Stop yapping and put this on."

With a roll of his eyes, Akira put on the mask and the cap. Aka the universal disguise.

"You and Eros go up and inside, me and I will stay here, and Aurora will be waiting in the front so that if anything happens, she can cause distractions." Jace explained one last time, giving both a firm glare, silently warning them not to mess this up, or else he will be slamming both of their heads on the walls.

"Yeah, yeah, got that." Eros dismissed with a wave of his hand. "Come on now, fairy, spread your wings."

Akira kicked him on the back of his knee before his ass was smacked by Jace, who shot him a warning glare with a click of his tongue.

Akira's lips formed into a pout for a second before he closed his eyes, and wings sprouted from his back, black with a hint of golden touch now that he was a god once again.

He grabbed the back of Eros's collar and flapped his wings, levitating in the air.

At the sudden loss of touch with the ground, Eros scurried to wrap his arms and legs around Akira's body, almost choking him.

"Excuse me, are you a fucking koala?"

"Shut up, birdy."

They reached the window in no time, and Akira melted off the iron bars, just by breathing fire over them.

Eros hid his face in Akira's neck, shielding any damaged to his face from the fire.

Once the iron bars were melted off, Eros climbed over the window, dangling half-way inside and his eyes widened at the scene in front of him.

Bright red laser pointers were placed all around the sword, shielding it from any theft. It was evident that someone had taken extra care for the sword, since the laser was only around the sword and the whole room was left vacant of any protection.

"Why are you hanging? Get inside!" Akira pushed Eros off the sill, so he landed inside with a loud thud. Akira climbed in next, landing gracefully beside a groaning Eros.

"Fuck." Akira couldn't help but curse at sight, letting Eros grab him to pick himself up from the ground, not fazed by the extra weight he purposefully put on him.

"Fuck indeed." Eros agreed once he was standing on his own two feet.

"What happened?" Came Jace's voice from the intercom they each wore in their ears, provided by Aurora.

"Lasers." Akira replied, walking closer to inspect the laser lines.

"Lasers? Like those electric lines that set off an alarm if you touch them?" Jace questioned, getting a small 'yeah' as a reply. "Fuck.." He cursed.

"Aurora?" Akira called out, inspecting the laser and their source. "Aurora?" He repeated when he received no reply. "Eric, check on her, me and Eros will try to get it out in the meantime."

"Yes, Master."

Relieved by Eric's immediate response, the two gods once again stared at the problem in hand.

"What if we destroy the source?" Eros asked, pointing to a camera on the top corner, recording nothing due to Akira destroying them in the afternoon itself.