25. One Final Battle

Akira was actually glad that the truth had come out to those whom it mattered the most. Jace and Eros. And because he can't give two fucks on what others think, because he also knows they don't care for Prae as much as the three of them do. And it was a reason good enough to keep everyone else in the dark.

He still hears murmurs but couldn't care less. Followed by those murmurs of him being a murderer is always either of the two known voices, basically telling people to shut the hell up and to do their own work. It makes him smile.

Another thing that makes him smile is the random pops of videos in his phone (he found it after being bashed by everyone else around him) by none other than his girlfriend, doing absolute whatever during her days. Sometimes, it may be work day in office, an argument between two workers, some 'tea' she gathered, but mostly her recording things that remind her of Akira.

Another 'tring' and a smile made its way on Akira's face. He quickly pulled out his phone and opened the most recent video. It was her with Eric, both bored out of their minds, while their boss took a meeting.

Akira laughed and quickly typed in a response and pocketed his phone when he heard something in the background. He quickly moved to the side, just as an arrow zoomed past his face.

Enraged, Akira turned to see who dared to cross him, only to find Prime standing there with a bow in his hands, ready to shoot another arrow.

"Put that down, Prime."

"You can't tell me what to do." And Prime released another arrow right at the god, only for it to break into pieces seconds before it pierced Akira's heart, by the lightning strike.

"I can. And you will listen to me."

"What if I refuse?"

Akira shrugged, hands behind his back. "You can, but there will be consequences for your actions— which you have already earned."

Prime threw his bow on the ground before he marched over to the god, "Who the hell do you think you are?" Prime tried to punch the god, but his hand froze mid-air, and so did his body.

Akira blinked, looking behind Prime to see Eros standing there.

"Were you going to let him punch you?" Eros asked, walking over to the two.

Akira smiled, "No. I was going to give him a little shock, but you froze him before I could." He glanced back at Prime, who could do nothing but blink, hear and breath.

Eros shook his head and released Prime once Akira was out of the way. Prime stumbled on the ground, fist bleeding from the scratch.

"Get that treated quick." Akira suggested before walking away with Eros.

"Why don't you tell him?" Akira glared at Eros as if he was mad even for suggesting this.

"You are mad? Prae will kill me. He would hate for his brother to know he was this 'weak', as per his words to me."

"He wasn't weak.." Eros mumbled, earning an hum of agreement from Akira. "He held out as long as he could and was strong enough to let go of something so valuable.. I respect him for that.. even after going.. he didn't forget about us." Eros said, referring to the birthmark of Aurora's hips. "I don't think we'll ever get someone as dedicated as Prae was." Eros added.

Akira smiled with a gentle nod. He might be the black dragon warrior, the one that is above all and what not. But he has never seen someone who was strong, brave, and loving as Prae. No one can compare with his sense of justice and forgiving nature.

♡♡♡

It was the night of the same day when the three friends were once again sitting by patio, drinking the stolen liquor from the master's office.