Rivals 💕

Modern AU, Academic Rivals

Sakura's Pov

Ugh, I knew I should have revised more in the morning instead of oversleeping. I got a 93 and he got a 95. And that smirk he gave me, I wanted to punch his pretty face.

" Sakura, wow you got a 93, that's great. "My best friend said to me with an amused look.

"Yeah, but I wish I got a 96 at least," I said. She turned her head towards a certain raven and back to me. "Is this about your weird rivalry thing with him again?"

"What? No, nothing wrong with wanting a few extra marks right?" I said, clearly half lying. It would certainly be nice to get more marks but losing to Sasuke Uchiha would never be good.

"Seriously, it's impossible with the two of you," Ino said with a sigh. "I shouldn't even be surprised anymore, you guys have been like this forever."

That's true, Sasuke Uchiha and I have been academic rivals since I can remember. It started in first grade, we were having a quiz, and the winner would get a dinosaur plushie, and I had my eye on that prize. I don't think Sasuke wanted the toy, he just wanted to win and he did win and since then there has always been some sort of competition between us.

Both of us had to come first or at least get a higher score than the other, my project always had to be better than his, and I had to get my answers correct in maths before him and vice versa. We never really talked about our 'rivalry' situation or anything in general but there's constantly been the silent competition between us. Shikamaru, Sasuke, and I were at the top of our class but Shikamaru was never bothered about his scores but between Sasuke and me, it was like a war.

"Now don't sulk all day, 93 is a good mark. I hoped to cross 75 this time, guess I'm stuck with 71," Ino said to me.

"I'm not sulking ok."  I half yelled.

"Whatever, you still on for Kiba's party tonight?" She asked.

"Yeah, of course, I could use a break," I replied.

Xxxx

"Whatever you might think of Kiba but he sure does know how to throw a good party," Tenten exclaimed as we entered the party. "I know right," Hinata exclaimed. He did throw a good party, I thought as I wandered my eyes around. I could see a lot of familiar faces. Choji was trying some snacks, and Lee was there as enthusiastic as ever, Sai, Shikamaru, Naruto, and some other boys were on the sofa chatting and drinking. I waved at Karin and Suigetsu who were on the dance floor. And in a corner with a drink in his hand was Sasuke Uchiha, Sasuke? huh? He is here as well?

That's a bit surprising cause he rarely goes to these parties and outings. I've only seen him at Naruto's parties and once or twice at Suigetsu's. But besides that, he's rarely at outings except for school trips. But today there he is leaning on the wall with a drink in his hand and this is the first time I realize how hot he looks. It's a known fact that Sasuke is very good-looking as he is very popular with girls but I didn't realize he was this sexy. As I was about to look away from him he caught my eye.

My heart betrayed me as it started to beat rapidly and our gaze was locked on each other. I couldn't look away from him and neither did he. Oh my god, what is happening to me? I was feeling hot under his gaze. I didn't want to look away from him. I almost forgot about everyone else until, "Sakura, are you there? Sakura". I was pulled back into reality.

"Are you fine? You zoned out for a while there," Ino asked. "I'm good" I replied.

For the next hour or so all of us were having fun. We had drinks, we danced and played some games. The entire time I just couldn't get Sasuke out of my head. My eyes were constantly searching for him. Right now a brunette was talking to him and I didn't like it. After all the years we've been classmates he has never talked to me outside of school stuff or in a group conversation but he is there talking to that girl about who knows what and that did not sit well with me. Who the hell is she anyway and why is she so smiley and giddy? I am facing Sasuke's back so I can't see his face but I hope he wasn't enjoying it too much.