𝐗𝐈

╔.★. .═════════════╗
-ˏˋ. 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡 ˊˎ-
╚═════════════. .★.╝

                    𝐉𝐀𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐆𝐀𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐄, 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐑 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍.

Her eyes dance over every corner, the room, her brows furrowing more and more.

Trying, but failing, to recognize it.

She starts moving frantically until a familiar hand touches her shoulder. "You are safe. You are safe, Jasmine."

Elijah.

She sighed in relief as her hand rested on his wrist.

"What-- who was hurt? Are you hu--?"

"No one is hurt." He cut her off in a clipped tone.

And it was true.

His siblings all recovered easily, their regenerative healing taking a big part of that.

Then, everything came back to her.

The events that happened before she fell unconscious.

"Elijah, I--"

"I am upset at you, furious, really." He cut her apology off. "However, my concern for you is more than any other emotion."

"I am well." She squeezed his wrist. "I promise."

"What makes you think I believe you?"

That stung.

"I deserve that." She looks down at the floor as her hand leaves his wrist with a final squeeze. "I apologize."

"I do not like when you apologize to me." He sighed as his hands went to lay on the side of her face, forcing her eyes to his. "How could you leave something, as great as that, unspoken of, Jasmine?"

"I did not think it was of value."

Elijah's eyes simmered in fury as he stood up from his spot on the bed. "Not of value?!"

Jasmine was about to reply when he started speaking again.

"Then tell me, Jasmine, what is of value?" He questioned --shouted as Jasmine sat up with her feet on the floor. "Because to me, you are most of what I value! In fact, you are all I value, Jasmine! When was it you were to tell me? When I see you withering away? Or perhaps after we have married?!"

"Do not act as if my father said yes." She muttered.

Elijah froze. "Is that why you never told me?"

"Why have you not left yet?"

He turned towards her with a look of surprise. "Leave? Why would I leave?"

"My father said no." She started playing with her fingers. "Why are you still here?"

"Where else would I be if not with you?"

"I thought you would have left after my father refused."

Elijah sank to his knees near Jasmine, holding both her hands between his.  "Why would you ever assume I would leave you?"

"My father--"

"Do you want me like I want you?"

"Society--"

"I asked you a question, not society. And certainly not your father."

"Yes, of course. I do, Elijah."