Love Is Complicated

A deafening silence.

The two didn't utter a word, ever since they left the garden until they reach William's room. 

William can't look straight at Leon's face. if he does, his heart beats get faster.

His action made Leon thinks that he was angry at him. His bride avoided his gaze and turn away when he saw him he was looking at his face.

But, he didn't dare to ask him. He is strong enough to destroy the entire castle but when it comes to William, he is so weak. Though, William didn't take his hand away and let him hold his hand.

The people who saw them didn't bother to ask or question why they are walking side by side together with their hands intertwined. He is the king, no one ever questioned what he is doing. Just let them die.

Leon sighed and gently held his hands and brought them to his lips.  He was sorry for taking advantage of him even though they are only in the getting-to-know stage. 

Arthur is right. He should take it slowly between them if he didn't want his bride to leave him. Arthur, as his advisor and secretary, was the one who suggested giving him flowers every morning and joining him every dinner. That way, his bride will know he was sincere to marry him and make him the Queen of this country.

His appearance that night was a miracle for him. Like a prophecy told them, a blind light appeared, and the moon will shine in the darkness. That moon wilstandod together with the stronger sun.

And.

The first he saw that face, he can tell. He was the one he saw in his dream though it's blurred but, his heart can tell.

At that moment he appeared.  He fell in love with him. He didn't care if he was a man or a monkey. He knew deep in his heart that he would accept him no matter what he looked like.

Leon squeezed his hand. He wanted to show William how much he love him but he--

He disregarded his feelings. 

'Maybe he hates me now?'

I think I deserve to be hated!'

"'Uhm. My King? "

William's face softened with his gentle gesture. He looks at him in the eyes. Their eyes met. there is sadness in his eyes, but why? Is it because he avoided Him? Even though he was uncertain and confused. He wanted to embrace him and ease the loneliness he felt inside. 

Questions pop into his head.

Is it fine to let go of these feelings? even though they just met and everything seems quick between them.    Still, he didn't know about him yet. Looking back, he didn't have a past relationship. He views dating as just a hindrance. He didn't need love or a partner to be with. He was content and he became successful and helped his mom. Though there are a lot of girls who gave him a love letter when he was in high school and college, it didn't bother him. Or girls throwing themselves at him. He didn't dare to look at it.

And most of all, he never thought once in his life, he will fall to a man.

Yes.

He started falling for the man in front of him. If not, he didn't dare to let him touch his hand or kiss him.

He-

He likes the king!

He wanted to accept his feelings. He wanted him to be by his side.

But how would he say it?

This is so freaking, not easy.

"Please go inside, William."

Leon opened the door and gestured for him to go inside. 

"Take a rest! I will see you later at dinner!" he said and turned around.

Leon walks with a heavy heart, waiting for William to call his name. That he wanted him to stay by his side but.  His hope doesn't granted as he walked away from him.

"He hates me"! He mumbled.

William's hands hang in the air as he stares at Leon's back.

'My... King!"

His voice came out almost a whisper.

Why is this feeling so complicated? William wants to punch his face as he closes his door and runs to the bed.

He wanted to be with him but he was so embarrassed to tell him that he wanted him to stay with him.

Is this what it's called love?

Maybe they are right when they say people become fools when they are in love.

He sighed.

Maybe he needs to be bold next time and tell him to stay. 

"Ayssh!," he wiggled," As if I would do that! But does he like me, too?

William hugs the pillow.

The King didn't tell him that he like him too. Though his actions can prove it, what if he has other intentions? What if he is using him to avoid getting married to that Cinderella girl?

You know, like a story in the novel he was read by chance. Some protagonists find someone who can pretend to be their wife or husband to avoid a political marriage. But eventually, fall in love in the end.

But, still. I wish he likes me too.

He hugs the pillow tightly and lets himself wash away into the dreamland.

To be continued.

Thank you for waiting ;)