Epilogue

If you were to travel to the ends of the Universe and make it past the most daring of trials, you would come upon a long-forsaken place. Where massive structures and war-torn skeletal remains once decorated the landscape, you would only find solid ground and a massive mountain. Everything else long forgotten and turned to dust. If you were tempted to enter a small cave along the ridge of the mountain and travel within its labyrinth, you would come upon a majestic view.

A natural garden, beyond comparison, would greet your weary body. Thriving in every way, it would seem right odd.

And at the very back of the garden you would find a dark seam along the back wall of the mountain's inner sanctum.

Observing the large seam, you may notice a rather intriguing statue along its base. The statue's lower half would appear to be that of a feline nature, complete with a lion-like tail. While it's upper half would be that of a woman, arms outstretched, as if rising up or maybe preparing to freefall. You may notice that the seam of the mountain appears to be fused with her body and outstretched wings, and that a green stone is embedded in her stoney necklace, along her clavicle.

Just from a glance, some would assume the statue is just a beautiful memorial.

But to the discerning pupils of knowledge, this statue would appear much more.

In fact, if anyone were to look close enough, they may notice the subtlest rising of the statues' chest, or the faintest fluttering of its lashes.

Yes, to the trained eye, this statue would be much more than stonework. It would be an acknowledgement of a grand guardian. Protector of a world that is filled with both darkness and light. A seeker of knowledge who was fated to make a choice. A choice that saved the world and everything she loved about it.

It would be proof of a living legend, slumbering at the ends of the world, awaiting the moment another may be fated to call her forth.

This is an ode to you, Karasi of Pelnora, Guardian of mankind.