Trapped (WattpadUrbanFantasy Prompt)

Pelnora had gone through a drastic change in the years since I had been away. I walked through the streets of my hometown in a daze. The streets were littered with debris and soldiers stormed through the place. My neighbors had been relocated and when I visited my home, I was denied access. I asked to speak with Officer Petrowski but was informed that he and his family had been reassigned to an undisclosed location.

Unsure what I should do, I decided to visit his brother Noel in the City for answers.

But fate had other plans.

When I arrived in the city, things were in upheaval. The crowded streets bustled with activity and chaos. I wandered the streets, detoured, and turned around. In the confusion, I found myself in a crowded market. Vendors of all kinds were selling assorted items. However, a particular pop-up shop caught my attention. Various intricately detailed statues were displayed. However, my eyes needed readjustment as I stared at the vendors wares. I had a tough time focusing on the items.

Then it hit me. These intricate statues were not ordinary statues.

I walked towards them, letting people bump into me, without caring. To most, the figurines and statues were plastered with entrancing details of intriguing creatures. But, thanks to Ernest, my new eyes gave me the ability to see the truth behind their details. I could only stare at the living creatures trapped before me. The creatures were frozen in time, but every one of them wore a haggard and sorrow filled look.

Reaching for the nearest one to me, I gently caressed the facade it was stuck behind, and my eyes began to water. It was at this moment that the hairs of my skin rose. Looking up, I blanched at the familiar face of Professor Jarvina Harkof.

She smirked, "Hello Karasi. Long time no sees."

Before I could react, I felt a clasp of metal around my wrists, and then a searing pain at my temple before I fell into darkness.

...

I would love to say that I overcame my captors using my powers and rescued the trapped creatures. But unfortunately, this part of my story is much darker.

The next year of my life was filled with torture and cruelty. I was beaten and abused by Jarvina and her crew. Unable to retrieve the stone from the necklace without a willing host, Jarvina used every measure available to her to convince me to release it to her. There were many moments where I came close to doing such.

She subjected me to more than a lifetime of torture, not just myself, but to innocent people and creatures. The constant wear, pain, and torment scared every decision I made from that point forward. I won't subject you to the details, but just know that this time of my life nearly broke me. And thus, it was with the intent of one particularly evil human that the world almost fell into full darkness.

However, Luck set the stage for fate to run its course.