Chapter 14: Noina and Jeab

- Silly fights were made, chances were missed, but I met you and that's enough -

It was a nice day, sunny but not too hot. Windy, but not promising rain.

Due to individual projects and work, the Savage Gang had not gathered, full members for a while. Today's a good day, supposedly. Where they finally can squeeze out some time to have lunch together.

Yet Two and Bone were stuck in this table of abusive family. Third ate his rice, eyes fully on the plate. Khai's darted everywhere else but his plate. Everything's silent until Third tried to take a piece of drumstick, at the same time as Khai's fork landed on it.

They paused, no words spoken. Just glares. Then Third rolled his eyes, moving away to get another piece. Khai did too, half a millisecond later. But their utensils ended up on the same piece of chicken again.

Third huffed. "Do you want to fight with me that much?"

"I don't!" They both retreated. Khai then picked up the first drumstick and put it on Third's plate. "I just want to make sure of something..."

"We talked about it before! You said you're okay with it!"

"I am... but, this is different...!"

"Different, how?"

Khai got quiet. Averted his gaze. It was the peak of Third's patience. He dropped his spoon and fork, got on his feet and left the table.

"Third, where are you going??" Two shouted after him, getting no response. So he turned to Khai. "Dad, what is Mom angry about?" But no luck from this side either.

"A minute, guys!" and he stormed off too, calling Third's name even though the guy's long gone.

Bone exhaled, continued eating instead. "Get ready to move out. I think our parents are getting a divorce."

...

P'Shane threw a party after they wrapped up the filming. Third and Khai came to the pool party prepared for getting wasted. As it got late, chaos unfolded. They were playing truth or dare with a twist when it went downhill.

A question came to Third, asking if he and Khai are dating. Because everyone on set knew something's going on and had been dying to ask. They won't let that chance slip. Third was drunk, but still sober enough to counter their attacks. He remembered deflecting every single question with sass. He thought everything's fine. But had not been careful of friendly fire.

Khai was quieter afterwards. Drinking more and engaged less in games. Sitting by himself mostly. When asked what's wrong, he claimed it's nothing. But after some push, he finally spilled.

"Why did you tell them all that?"

"What?"

"About... why we aren't dating... and stuff."

"What? Did I say something wrong?"

At Third's obliviousness, Khai chickened out and brushed it off. "Umm, not really. It doesn't matter, actually."

Like hell Third would believe that. "Wait, what is it? Tell me, I'm listening."

"Nah, it's nothing. You're not wrong."

Admittedly, Third isn't a master of patience. Quite the opposite, actually. And Two did mention he'd be a killer professor, because his patience is thin as a tissue paper split in half. Seeing his own mistake is a struggle, much less owning up to it. But he's trying to change that. He really wants to. Khai's fake smile is a blade to his heart. He needs to know the reason to stop it.