14

For Liv. I think you'll like this one 🩵

**

Olivia smiles slightly as she finishes setting up the large roll of paper and paints in their back yard, wiping off her hands on her pants before heading back inside to grab Aurora.

As a treat whilst Scarlett gets some much needed work done, she'd set up a messy play activity for her and their little one to do. She'd told Scarlett about it this morning whilst lounging in bed together, and the woman had readily agreed, eager to have a few quiet moments to herself.

She knew her wife loved their little one, but Aurora was in her I only want mama and her boobies stage right now, and it was making it hard for her to get all of the necessary things done; such as chores and work.

Of course Olivia had tried her best to help around the house, but her efforts were somewhat in vain considering Scarlett would follow just behind her with a sleepy Aurora on her hip claiming you're not doing it right.

So she'd come up with this; a temporary distraction for the baby so mama could get done what she needed to get done.

"Are you ready to play?" Olivia grins as she steps into the kitchen, greeted with the sight of a diaper clad Aurora settled on Scarlett's hip whilst the woman wipes off her face from lunch.

They'd had pasta. It was messy business.

The little one grins, reluctantly allowing herself to be handed over to her mommy. Olivia gives her padded behind a soft pat after situating her onto her own hip.

"Should I have a bath ready in an hour?" Scarlett asks as she pulls her hair back into a claw clip in preparation to tackle the dishes.

Olivia shrugs as she begins backing out of the kitchen and towards the back yard, "Make it two my love."

"Aye aye captain," Scarlett winks as she walks over and places a gentle peck to the corner of her wife's lips. Olivia immediately returns the affection. "Be good for mama pumpkin." Scarlett leans over slightly and places a kiss to Aurora's forehead.

Aurora pouts when she realises her mama wasn't coming with her, but Olivia was quick to distract her with a gentle bounce as she carries her out into the yard.

"Look baby," she coos, easing herself to her knees with the little one on her lap. Aurora furrows her brows inquisitively as she leans forward to dip one of her little fingers into one of the little containers, her mothers eyes widening when she immediately tries putting it in her mouth.

"No no, this isn't for eating," she coaxes the little hand away from its destination, earning herself a quiet whine of dismay. "Oh I know munchkin. But this is for painting. Watch mommy." Olivia demonstrates by dipping her own finger into the same paint Aurora had, swiping it over the paper leaving a blue mark in its wake.

Aurora's eyes light up at the action, mimicking her mommy as best she could. In the end, her uncoordinated self more or less just ends up hitting the paper, but Olivia didn't have the heart to redirect her when the little one lets out a happy giggle before shoving her whole hand into the pot.

She pulls it out, the appendage now dripping with blue paint, and Olivia watches as she inspects it for just a moment before she claps her hands together effectively splattering paint everywhere.

Including over her mommy.

Olivia blinks in surprise, but says nothing, eager to see what her little one was going to go next.

Aurora smacks her hands together a few times before climbing off of her mommy's lap and onto the paper. She sits on her diapered behind, looks at her hands again, blinks once as if to finalise her thoughts before slapping her hands all over her legs torso.