2

Aurora, Scarlett and Olivia spend the next half an hour talking about the more serious side of things. They go over basic rules, expectations, living arrangements and any other questions the little one had about her future.

A few more serious questions are answered too. Such as their preferred titles and what age Aurora will eventually fall into.

The whole time, Aurora remains on Scarletts lap. She listens attentively, speaking when spoken to and telling both women what the wanted to know when asked. Her head was nestled against the woman's chest, hand absentmindedly playing with a lose thread on her sweater. Olivia remains close too, her own hand tracing gentle circles on Aurora's back.

"So when the time comes that you're able to slip into your headspace, we'll all sit down and make a list of set rules for all of us to follow. This is new to us also, so we'll probably make mistakes. Probably get things wrong and we need you to know that it's okay to talk to us. Communication will be one of the most important things in this kind of relationship, okay?"

Aurora nods her head as she lets out a quiet sigh, the warm breath of her exhale hitting the skin of Scarlett's chest through the material of her shirt. She was a little excited over what was to come, but she was also extremely nervous too.

"This all goes at your pace," Olivia adds, her voice quiet, and Aurora's eyes flicker up to meet her own. "There's absolutely no rush, okay?"

Aurora's lips quirk up into a tentative smile as she nods her head. It comforts her slightly to know she wouldn't be pushed into anything straight away.

"Alright," Scarlett bounces her legs slightly, "we have about half an hour left together today, so let's make the most of that and do something fun, okay?"

Though Aurora's heart sinks a little at the prospect of saying goodbye already, she nods her head in response to Scarletts question.

"What would you like to do?" Olivia asks as her eyes flicker around the room. There wasn't much to do, but there were a few things that could possibly hold the little ones attention for a while. Such as books and puzzles. "Do you want to read?"

Aurora hesitates slightly before nodding her head.

"Yeah?" Olivia smiles as she rises to her feet, "you wanna pick a book with me?" She holds out her hand, and Aurora nods as she climbs out of Scarletts lap and tentatively takes it. She feels absolutely tiny when she see's just how tall Olivia was in comparison to her. She comes up only to her chest.

Scarlett watches as her wife guides Aurora over to the small selection of books in the corner, crouching down next to her and slipping a gentle arm around her waist as she quietly talks the little one through all of her options. She was already so in love with the sight of Olivia taking such good care of their little one.

Soon, they were heading back over to her, and whilst Olivia sits back down with the book in her lap, Aurora visibly hesitates as she glances between Scarlett's lap and the spot left on the couch between both women. Scarlett offers out her arms on the off change Aurora would want back on her lap, and the little ones cheeks flush red as she smiles bashfully and leans into Scarlett's arms allowing herself to be lifted.

She settles on her lap with her back to Scarlett's chest, watching as Olivia scoots closer to fill the empty space before opening the book. She'd picked out the very hungry caterpillar. A little more babyish than she'd like, but she couldn't lie and say she wasn't intrigued about the contents inside.

That and she'd never been read to before. So that intrigues her also.

Olivia's voice remains soft and gentle as she reads, lulling Aurora into an almost dream like state. She ends up curling up properly in Scarlett's lap, relishing in the tender touch of the woman's hand grazing up and down her back. By the time Olivia was done, she was more or less asleep in Scarlett's arms.