4

Not proofread, sorry 😬

**

After dinner had been cleared up, Aurora finds herself back at the table, except this time, it wasn't for food. In front of Olivia sat a blank piece of paper and a still capped black sharpie pen. It was time to do what Aurora had been dreading. The rules. All of their wants and needs, and her punishments.

The second the words had escaped Scarlett's lips, it had felt as though ice cold water had been poured down Aurora's spine. An immediate sense of unease if she had to try and describe the feeling. It wasn't like she was expecting the rules to be bad. It wasn't even because she was worried about what kind of punishments she'd be given. It was, she assumes, the fear of the unknown.

"Okay. So we'll come up with the rules first," Scarlett starts as she reaches out to brush a strand of hair away from Aurora's face, tenderly tucking it behind her ear. She lets her hand linger a second longer than necessary, the pad of her thumb grazing gently over the soft, warm skin of Aurora's cheek.

"And remember, these rules are not only for you, but for us too. There's nothing to be scared of."

"She's right baby," Olivia adds from her place perpendicular to the duo. She could see the look of unsureness on Aurora's face, and she wanted nothing more than to make it go away. "It'll be okay. I promise."

Though Aurora does admittedly feel a little better at the reassurance, there was still a small ache in her tummy that tells her their words hadn't worked as much as she'd hoped. With her bottom lip trapped between her teeth, she timidly holds her out her arms for one of them to hold her.

Both Olivia and Scarlett share a knowing look before the former reaches out and grasps Aurora by the underarms, lifting her with ease over onto her lap. She situates the little one so she was forward facing, her back against her chest, wrapping an arm around her waist and giving her a soft bounce.

"Ready?" Olivia murmurs as she presses a kiss to the top of Aurora's head, picking up the pen and pulling the cap of with her teeth. It lands in the table with a soft clatter, and Aurora watches it for a second before tentatively nodding her head.

Yeah. She was ready.

*

Aurora's rules:

• Always use your manners (please and thank you)
• Keep your bedroom tidy
• Communication is important. Always tell us how you are feeling.
• Bedtime is at eight on weekdays and eight thirty on weekends. Times will vary when you are small.
• No swearing
• Nice hands always. No hitting
• Screen time will be limited to just two hours a day.  More or less depending on your behaviour.

Aurora's wants/needs:

• Snuggles
• Bottles
• Reassurance

Hard limits:

• Spanking
(TBD)

Soft limits:

• Diapers
• Nursing
(TBD)

Aurora's punishments:

• Time out
• Loss of screen time
• No treats /candy