55• Family reasoning

Sunday, March 32nd.

Things have been quiet for something but as the saying goes, calm before the storm.

I found myself in church thanks to Milani's invite.

It was mainly a family visit and I couldn't feel any happier to be labeled as such.

Afterwards was the big family dinner where everyone was bringing food since a pregnant Milani shouldn't be standing too long with the twins roaming in her belly.

I left Ameer with his dad who sat with him for hours, just talking about his future. I was in the kitchen cooking up a storm while listening and laughed about it.

I had Kevin drop off some breadfruits that he said he had on the tree at home so I begged some. Roasting all five and brought the slices in foil. It was paired with the salt mackerel and that's what I saw Milani Navy Petty having when she joined us at the seat.

We got to Caribbean Heights, Rose Hall that the small community and I had to fall in love with it.

I was blessed to be where I'm at now but the surroundings is more fit for a family than the house we're in.

It would be so much better for us friends to live in one area and have our kids playing in the yard and making it our spot. I'll keep it in mind to say it to Zyair.

The party was out in the lawn. Kids on bouncy house. The reggae music was the nice choice to get us in the mood. The pool was open for those needing a swim. Everything was set including the buffet table being filled with food, snacks and drinks upon everyone's arrival.

As if Navy hasn't been on her feet cooking also.

She came and sat with the rest of us.

Ella rubbing her large pregnant belly. I was breastfeeding and I had my suspicion for Raenelle being pregnant until Navy asked.

"Rae? Yuh pregnant?" She gasped.

"Yes girl. Caw deny Mister Benjamin no more." Rae laughs and so did the rest of us.

Even a blind man could tell that he wanted his own family since all his friends had theirs. He would be one of the best father's ever.

"How far?" I inquired, curious to know about Zyair's family more since what happened weeks ago.

"Two months, wih just find out yesterday."

"Congrats." We tell her and she thanked us.

"Mommy!" We head the girls called and Navy sigh and looked over to see Reign and Reneal coming down the stairs with plates.

"Yes?"

"Daddy seh fih eat off." Reneal smirks and she nod.

"Thanks."

They just hummed and went there way so Navy started eating while I smile.

The breadfruit was sliced and a plate with two sauce bowl, the melted butter and the salt mackerel swimming in gravy. And a glass of either Sprite or even cream soda with some ice cubes.

"How it taste?" I couldn't help but ask.

"Like a you cook it. Yuh alone me know blend pepper." She laughed. "Mih smell it and affi ask fih it."

A two types mih mek still, one have the pepper gravy and one without.

A mih curry goat mih mind deh pon.

But the one Ameer him nuh stop suck dug mih breast wid him greedy self.

"Mih nuh si yuh mek Patty. An the one Prosper him a tell everybody seh a oxtail and it off limits. Fih hear him and detective Saint a argue." Rae explain.