Chapter 10

Dream paused at Blue's serious gaze, and disturbing implication that yet again something was happening with Ink's long tail bone. "About 2 feet long, maybe shorter, why?" Dream asked feeling like he already knew the answer to his question.

Blue's thought-filled expression changed to one filled with worry and fear. "His tail has more than doubled, Dream. It looks almost 4 1/2 feet now." Blue said, his voice shook and his face scrunched up in worry. Blue was scared, and so, so, worried, worried if his friend was going to be okay, and scared that his friend wasn't going to be okay.

"Hey, Blue don't worry, we'll figure this out." Dream tried to reasure his teary-eyed friend. Truth was, Dream was worried and scared too, Ink was his friend, and even thinking about what could be going on with him made him scared. But he wasn't going to cry, or break down from their anxiety inducing situation, he had to be strong.

"Guys, I'm pretty much immortal, remember? What ever is happening to me hasn't effected my tattoos, so I'm not going any where any time soon." Ink said pulling on his shirt collar to show off his many swirling tattoos. The other two skeletons seemed to calm and take comfort in that fact.

"I supose you're right, but I still worry, Ink." Dream said glumly.

"Must I explain the significance of my tattoos to you all, again? Will you calm down then?" Ink questioned with a cocky grin on his face, hoping to sooth his friends worry.

The aformentioned tattoos, were no ordinary tattoos, they swirled and curved down Ink's neck to his torso and ended at his humerus. Ink credited his tattoos for being the reason he was basically immortal.

They'd shown up when Ink tore his soul apart, and instead of Ink's soul shattering and him dusting, the shards fused into his bones creating the swirly tattoos. How and why this had happened confused even the smartest of scientists. However, what confused scientists the most was how Ink could still feel with out a phisycal soul. The scientitsts were stumped because most Floweys' can't feel, and those that do are often demented, and evil. Granted, Ink wasn't the most sane but no where near as insane as Floweys. Ink had emotions, he just couldn't express them at all physically and needed his paints to express them.

With Ink's reassurances Blue and Dream calmed down considerably, their friends was correct; as long as Ink had his soul-magic infused tattoos, he'll be fine.

"You're right, Ink." Dream said calmly. Blue didn't respond verbally, chooseing to instead sniff and nod. A dreary silence passed over the group before Dream interupted, "I think we sould get back on topic. Ink, do you remember anything else that may have been the cause of this?"

"No." Ink said simpily, he didn't have any idea of what could have caused this. Dream and Blue sighed in disappointment. Ink thought long and hard, nothing came to mind execpt his weird dreams, but dreams couldn't cause what is happening to him, could they? No. They're just dreams! Do they have meaning, then? He did hear that dreams often have meaning, but what could his dreams mean?