Chapter 4

A sharp pain racked through Ink's body, he choked and hiccupped, black watery ink wetting his sockets slightly blurring his vision, he let out a sad excuse of a scream and clutched onto the cushions of the couch arching his back, his tears stained the brown couch cushions where he was burying his head in an attempt to muffle his agony filled noises.

Blue and Dream looked on with worry at their friends agony filled form, their souls clenched at the sight leaving a sour taste in their mouths. Blue and Dream stood frozen for a few seconds that felt like hours to the three skeletons and only came to when another choked scream ripped through the room.

"Go get some ice and a medkit!" Blue said urgently not taking his sockets off his hurting friend. Dream slightly nodded to his friends request and stood up, taking slow steps back, also not taking his sockets off their friend, before focusing on Blues instructions, turning around and running to get what he'd told him to. After seeing Dream leave, Blue tried to gently pull Inks head from the cushions so he could breath better, and whispered sweet nothings to him, in hopes it'll distract Ink from the waves of pain crashing through his body. 

Moments later Dream came rushing back to the room handing Blue the ice and medkit, assuming Blue knew what he was doing, as Dream's healing was always magical, and didn't have experience with medicines or bandages. Blue quickly opened the medkit searching for pain killers, once he found it he grabbed the appropriate amount for Ink and made him swallow it with some of his abandoned coffee. Ink yelled and sobbed for another half hour before the medicine took affect, and passed out from exhaustion.

"What happened?" Dream questioned, helping Blue lay Ink on the couch.

"I-I don't know" Blue stuttered. He had no idea why Ink started screaming bloody murder.

"I wish I could've helped some how, but he doesn't seem to have any physical wounds." Dream gave a sad sigh before continuing, "I hope he feels better tomorrow."

"Don't say that Dream, you knew where Ink's medkit was while I didn't, you did help." Blue said placing a gloved hand on his shoulder, with a reassuring grin.

"Thanks Blue, I better stay here for the night to keep an eye socket on him." Dream said with a small smile.

"Alright, I can't stay anyway Pap will worry, but before I leave, lets run him a warm bath, that way when he wakes up he hopefully won't be too sore." Blue said standing from the side of the couch. They were skeletons after all, not like being in water for a per longed amount of time really harmed them.

"Okay." Dream replied copying Blue and stood up. "I'll start a warm bath."

After Dream filled the tub with warm water he left to help Blue bring Ink to the bathroom. Wordlessly Dream helped bring Ink to the bathroom, and lower him into the warm bath. After Ink was settled into the bath Blue balanced the ice on Inks skull. They had decided against changing Ink for two reasons. Firstly, he was already wearing shorts, and a short sleeve shirt, that exposed his tattoos -that both Blue and Dream were already aware he had-. Secondly, Blue and Dream were not those type of monsters that took off others clothes without consent; friend or not. However, as they settled Ink into the tub they were both shocked and worried to see something that wasn't there before.

"Uh, Dream scratch what I said before. I'm gonna stay the night." Blue said leaving the bathroom.