Chapter 6

Inks eye sockets shot open, and on instinct he deeply inhaled; only to realize he had inhaled a lot of water. He quickly sat up and coughed up the water that had entered his system. 

He then afterwards heaved shaky labored breaths and laid his spine against the side of the tub regaining all of his previously lost air. Taking one last deep breath, he finally analyzed his surroundings, and realized he was in his tub in the bathroom, and took notice of the lukewarm water.

"I must of been in here for awhile. Wait. How did I get in here? Did I fall asleep bathing?" He hypothesized aloud. He spared a glance to his body to find himself fully clothed. If he was bathing why was he wearing clothes? Deciding against questioning himself any longer, -after all he seemed to be more forgetful lately, first why he was aching, and now not remembering getting in his tub- he stood up from the tub with water dripping from the clothes he was wearing, silently cursing at his goldfish memory.

He examined the bathroom searching for any clothes to change into, coming up empty handed in his search he grabbed a towel and began to walk out of the bathroom while drying himself off. Was it making the floor wet and slippery? Yes. Did Ink care? No. As his nagging friend had told him numerous times; he was careless.

Ink exited the bathroom walking down the small hallway to find both Dream and Blue at the dinning room table talking; though he hadn't heard what they were discussing. Noticing Ink Blue greeted him.

"Hay Ink! H-how are y-you t-tailin- erm- I-I me-mean f-feeling?" Blue said saying the latter sentence nervously while being a stuttering mess. This going unnoticed by Ink, of course. 

"Fine. Hey, do you know how I ended up in the bathtub?" Ink answered tilting his head oblivious to Blues internal panic.

"You passed out and Blue was clever enough to suggest we run you a warm bath so you weren't too sore when you woke up. Speaking of that. You're soaked! Why didn't you change or at least dry off properly?" Dream said coming to his senses where as previously he had spaced out.

"One. Thank you, I feel much better now, it's just a dull stiff ache now. Two, there were no clothes set out. Third. I didn't care enough to." Ink answered, saying the latter explanation smugly. Dream face palmed and muttered a quick incoherent; "You could have slipped and busted your skull open-"

"Anyhow," Dream said with a disappointed huff. "we have more pressing matters to deal with at the moment." Dream said elbowing Blue to snap him out of his trance of him staring at Ink.

"Yeah more pressing stuff." Blue said his voice uncharacteristically nervous and wavering, Ink noticed this though this time, and joined them at the table, understanding this was serious.

"Is it the bad sans'?" Ink questioned confused.

"No, but.. do you feel any different, or perhaps anything different?" Blue asked shakily, his eyes showed both concern and worry.

"With the aus? They are fine and I still feel them. At the moment they're all healthy." Ink answered rather proudly.

"No Ink with you." Dream answered.

"..No?" Ink answered hesitantly and confused. Dream huffed once again, Ink was the only skeleton that he knew that wouldn't notice something so obvious, and some times it really frustrated Dream.

"Is it just me or is it, longer?" Blue said shifting his gaze to Dream, expecting an answer. Dream promptly ignoring Blue, attempted to tell Ink what was wrong.

"You see Ink, something about you has changed, and apparently without you noticing." Dream started, reaching his hands to grab Inks.

"Can you just tell me what's wrong you guys are really worrying me." Ink said unsureness and nervousness evident in his voice. Dream heaved a sigh and began to speak before being cut off by Blue.

"Your tail bone is really long, and has gotten longer since earlier." Blue rushed out in one anxious breath. Ink was at first confused on what Blue had said, until he'd processed what Blue had said in his quick and rushed explanation.

"My what, is what!" He exclaimed pulling his hands out of Dreams.