𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

LUCA DOMINICO

LUCA DOMINICO

ᥫ᭡

Roses

ᥫ᭡

I unlocked the door to our hotel room for her, and she entered silently, looking exhausted. I lock the door behind me and follow her in. She walked into the bedroom, kicked off her heels, and undressed without saying anything.

She doesn't take her time to change into anything comfortable, so she quickly gets on the bed and wraps her body around the blanket.

I could see she was sad the entire vehicle ride. Her eyes were a little watery, and I kept staring at her in the car while she was looking out the window, and her hands were somewhat shaking, so I held it the entire ride.

I drew the cover closer to her and kissed her temples. I know she needs some alone time, so I'd rather leave the room and let her breathe for a moment.

She grabs my hand as I'm about to go, and her sweet voice draws my attention.

"Luca?"

"Yes?"

"Please stay." She replied, and I nodded and smiled faintly. I took off my shirt and jeans, swiftly changing into sweatpants and climbing into bed with her. She quickly placed her arm around my waist, clinging to me as if I was about to leave and resting her head on my chest.

"Please don't leave me, Luca. I know I can't give you a child and this is a lot, but I want to be with you," she murmured faintly. " I truly do, and I don't want to lose you—" She speaks, but I could see her breathing quickening, indicating she was on the verge of a panic attack.

"Hey, breathe, princess." I stroked her hair in an attempt to calm her down. "Never think that, Asteria. I'm not leaving you for that, and I'm not leaving you for any other reason. Do you hear what I'm saying?" She nodded and wiped her tear-stained cheek. "Do you want to talk about it? I'm not pressuring you. If not, that's perfectly okay."

"I found out not long ago. I found it strange that I didn't become pregnant every time we...you know? I know I'm on birth control, but those barely function. I went to see a doctor just to see if everything was okay," she began, "but I ended up finding out I was infertile." She took a deep breath and wiped the tear that had fallen down her cheek.

"I should have known because my period had been irregular. I was so sad that day that I couldn't tell you because I was afraid of your reaction for some reason. I've been taking medications recently, and there's a chance that I can be pregnant, but the chances are low, and I'm terrified, Luca." She looked at me with blurred eyes and bit her bottom lips to keep them from twitching.

"Hey, Asteria, you shouldn't be afraid to tell me anything. I love you and will accept you exactly as you are. We'll try to have a child when you're ready, but if that doesn't work, we can still adopt and have our family." I kissed her soft lips, and she smiled before returning her head to my naked chest and shutting her brown eyes.