𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 ⎯⎯⎯⎯ ᴅᴇᴊᴀ ᴠᴜ

🛡️

🛡️

After one hell of an eventful day, Jon decided it was time to head back to their camp. He could now see how Ada wasn't completely herself, mentally or physically and he knew she needed to rest, they all did.

Ada, Jon, Sansa and Devos trotted back into camp. The many soldiers turning their way. "Stannis camped here on his way to Winterfell." Devos recalled.

"And that's a good thing?" Sansa asked.

"I don't think so." Ada spoke up. "None of them lived to tell the tale of the battle, the cold weakened them. But, I do suppose it's different for us." Ada explained, seeing as they were used to the cold.

"He was the most experienced commander in Westeros. He chose this place for a reason." Devos defended. "Those mountains are a natural fortification. There's a stream down there for the horses."

"We're not staying here long. Another storm could hit any day." Jon admitted, Ada sighing in relief. She hated it here.

"Aye, the snows defeated Stannis as much as the Bolton's did." Devos admitted, dismounting his horse as did the others.

"We have to march on Winterfell now while we still can." Jon declared, Ada scoffing.

"Don't be ridiculous. We'll never make it out alive." Ada said obviously. "We have 2,000 wildlings, 200 Hornwoods, 143 Mazins, and 62 Mormonts." She expressed. "It's not enough."

"It's not what we hoped for. But we still have a chance if we're careful and smart." Jon implied, slowing turning around as he heard the commotion of soldiers fighting.

"For fuck's sake." Devos muttered out, making his way towards the men.

"I think we'll kill each other before the Bolton's do." Ada huffed out.

"So he's your most trusted advisor now?" Sansa asked, on Jon's left as Ada walked on his right.

"Only because he secured 62 men from a 10-year old." Ada jested, Jon not finding it very funny.

"Ser Devos is the reason I'm standing here talking to you and he served Stannis for years." Jon claimed, as if that made anything better.

"Stannis who lost the Blackwater, who murdered his own brother, who doesn't have a head?" Sansa listed.

"He also burnt his own daughter at the stake." Ada added, her heart clenching at the thought. How could anyone do that to their own child? And soon enough her thoughts drifted to her babe.