Chapter 17

.:. Okay, so I know this is short, and probably crappy, but I'm honestly kind of stuck.  I'll get over it though.  I have a question for you guys though, can you check out my newest story?  Divine Darkness?  That is, if you like somewhat original ideas, because I think that it's original.  ANYWAYS, thanks for reading, and don't forget to vote!  Remember, this is in the watty awards! Thanks again! .:.

Chapter 17

            I sit on the soft bed as Galen rushes around the small room with a large roll of duck tape.  He leans down and covers every single crack the large metal door has on it.  I lean back on the pillow trying to control my nerves as he runs over to the air vent.

            “Can’t we just break out the window?” I ask, trying to be as casual as possible.  Galen groans a little bit, as he rips some tape off the roll.

            “No,” he replies as he presses down on the tape making sure it’s secure before moving on to the walls.  I raise an eyebrow expecting him to continue.

            “Why?” I ask as he groans in irritation.

            “Because it’s made out of bullet proof glass,” he says rolling his eyes.  I eye the small window considering other possibilities.

            “Can’t we just take out the screws of the window?” I ask glancing over to him.  He stands up stiffer and sighs.

            “It wouldn’t work.”  His voice comes out angry making my heart stutter a little.

            “Why not?” I ask in an irritated voice.  Why is he getting angry?  It’s not my fault we’re trapped down here!

            “Because it just won’t!  Now, be quiet so I can finishing taping the room!” he says angrily as I glare at him.  “It’s not as if you’re going to help,” he mumbles under his breath.

            “What did you say?” I ask rudely as I stand up from the bed, hands on my hips and my lips purse.  He turns around with a shock expression, his dark wood hair getting into his eyes slightly.

            “What, I didn’t say anything?” he fakes innocent.  I glare at him as I think of something.

            “You can’t honestly be thinking that this whole thing is my fault,” I say spreading my arms out around me.  His eyebrows rise up and he sputters.

            “N-no, what gave you,” he scratches the back of his head as his sky eyes look around the room, “what gave you that idea?” he asks as blood rushes to his cheeks.

            “You are a horrible liar Galen,” I say as I cross my arms and hold my head higher.  “Do you honestly think that I’m the reason this whole thing happened?”

            “N-no, not at all,” he says as he looks down to the floor with his hands clenched to his sides.

            “Do you think I’m the reason that you’re stuck in here then?” I ask as my eyes squint a little as I give him my best glare.  I expect him to tell me no, but he just keeps quiet, looking down to the off color tiles.  “Well?” I ask shuffling my feet a little bit as anger rise into me.  Galen sighs and looks up at me, his face mixed with anger, sadness, and guilt.

            “Well, if you didn’t pass out…” he trails off as my heart speeds up and my fists clench.

            “Oh yes Galen, I just wanted to pass out and have painful flashbacks.  Oh, and by the way, I liked you better when you were three,” I scream at him before turning around huffing.

            “Isabella,” Galen says touching my shoulder.  I roll my shoulder forcing his hand of it.  I turn around and glare at him, while pointing a finger at him.

            “If you want to blame anyone, blame yourself!” I say as I slap his shoulder, forcing him back a step.  “You’re the one that kidnapped me,” I say, smacking his arm again as tears fill my eyes.  “You’re the one that forced me into this life,” I say as he takes another step as I approach him, his expression turning weary.  The only way I can think of that can help me get rid of my hurt is by lashing out… it’s just convenient that Galen’s the one who hurt me and the one I’m lashing out at.  Not that I care.  “You’re the one to blame!” I scream at him.  “Not me, I didn’t want any of this!  I didn’t ask for any of this!  Do you honestly think that I would rather be spending some ‘bonding’ time,” I say as my lip curls up slightly, “with you then on a beach with Jaidee and my parents?  You know what Galen?  You are so full of yourself,” I say, poking his chest with my finger as I glare up at him.  His sky eyes painted with surprise.  “You are too self-absorb to see what you’re doing to others!  You’ve been hurting people long before I was here, and you would have just gone on hurting people if I escaped with Tristan!” I say loudly.  I take a few seconds to breathe hard before continuing my tirade in a quieter tone. 

            “You know, I was starting to forgive you for throwing me into this mess!  I was actually started liking you,” I say as a small blush creeps into my cheeks.  I quickly cover it up with a glare.  “Then you just had to go and blame this whole thing on me!  You know what Galen, I really don’t mind dying.  What I do mind is having to die next to a moronic, self-absorb monster like you!” I scream at him with tears running down my face as my anger finally ebbs.  I watch as his sky eyes that flash with hurt as I call him a monster… well, it is true.  I’m not the first person he’s hurt, but for other’s it’s been physical.  I turn around and strut back to the bed with my arms cross as I try to hold back my tears.

            “Izzy,” Galen says grabbing the top part of my arm.  I yank myself out of his grip and glare at him.

            “Don’t touch me,” I growl as I look up at his sad sky eyes.  “You stay on that side of the room,” I say pointing away from the bed, “and I’ll stay on mine.  And maybe, just maybe, I won’t die from irritation,” I growl at him as I turn around and march the rest of the way, his hurt expression stuck on reply in my head like an annoying movie.

            I jump on the bed, pulling the thick blankets over my head.  I grab the pillow and hug it to myself while resting my head on the soft fabric.  I quickly wipe away the tears filled with hurt.  I’m so stupid!  Why did I leave myself open to that?  I should have known that Galen didn’t feel the same way towards me.  If he did, he wouldn’t have the guts to blame this whole mess on me!  My hands ball up in angry fists at the thought.  I bet this was his whole plan!  To make me fall for him, just so he could crush me in the end before washing my mind of my experience here… that is if they let me go.  I can’t believe that I didn’t see this coming!

            Yet, he still thinks that I’ll be the same “Katey”… the same little girl I was before I left him.  He’s such a hypocrite though, he expects me to be the same, but he isn’t.

            One thing is for sure, this Galen isn’t like the cute little kid I used to know and love.  Time and hatred has changed him into something I don’t even want to be near.