Colorblind

//:// HEY PEOPLE !!!  OKAY SO THIS IS ITALIZED, BOLDED AND IN CAPS LOCK FOR A REASON.  I AM EDITING THIS STORY.  THE EDITED VERSION IS GOING TO BE DIFFERENT FROM THIS ONE, I CAN PROMISE YOU THAT.  IF YOU WANT TO CONTINUE READING THIS, GO AHEAD.  BUT I DO RECOMMEND YOU TO READ THE EDITED VERSION IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN READING AND UNDERSTANDING THE SEQUEL.  THANK YOU!!! //://

.:. Okay, so this idea has spinning around in my head for a while.  Tell me what you think please!

Prologue

            "Mother," I say tugging at the end of her skirt.  She smiles down at me in question.  "What color is that?" I ask while pointing down at the grass.  Mother looks down in curiosity.

            "What do you mean Isabella?" she asks and I shrug.  "It's grey, just like everything else in this world. 

            "B-But, that's not grey!" I say while stomping my foot irritated.  Mother sighs while grabbing my small hand in hers as we travel down the busy streets.  I look around in curiosity as weird mixtures of color blend into one another.

            "You and your fantasies," mother chided.  "There are only three colors in this world Isabella.  Black, being the darkest of them all, white, being the brightest, and grey, being in the middle," mother explains to me.  I gulp as I look around.

            "Yes mother," I say obediently.

            That's my first real memory of color.  Actually, that's the only thing I can remember before I was ten, everything else is blurred, but I suppose that just means that it isn't important, but even unimportant things have importance, right? I'm getting off track, let's get back to where I do that little introduction, shall we?  You see, I'm odd.  I'm the only person who sees color in a colorless world.  I'm afraid of speaking up in fear that the government will take me away from my home to do experiments on me.  My name is Isabella Delilah Smitch, and I see in color.