Thrifting

Roe's p.o.v.

I had an extra day off from the café this week, and no school so I was out thrifting with Ariel today since it was just us.

I was looking through the dresses for something I can wear to a spring wedding in Japan for myself and Ariel.

Although it always turned into a treasure hunt for us. For instance today I found a purple sparkly flowered Hitachilen hobo bag.

I love bags and purses, and finding such a big name designer's purse at the thrift store for seven bucks at half off, yup I claimed that puppy and she was in my cart. Just in time to, cause my current was worn out and smelled a little funny due to some spillage of some odd substance that I can't remember what it was, but never washed out fully.

I was hoping for similar luck on dresses. I searched while Ariel played on her Innotab the Brave game.

I wish my aunt had been able to come to cause trying dresses on and not losing my finds can be a challenge too.

At that moment my phone rang and played the Galavant theme telling us it was Tamaki, since when Ariel went to bed he'd hang out and watch it with me on Sundays lately

"Hey Tamaki, what's up?", I ask as I go through dresses.

"I stopped by your place and the café to see you and princess Ariel and neither of you were there so I was worried something bad might of happened. No one kidnapped you did they.", he says sounding dramatic and worried.

I just roll my eyes. Hey at least he's concerned for my welfare.

"Nope not kidnapped just thrifting.", I say putting the phone's blue tooth set on so I can multi-task.

"What's thrifting?", he asks.

"It's when you go to thrift stores and resale shops shopping. You know one person's junk is another person's treasure.", I say with a giggle.

"Oh, I see, um", he says like he wants to ask a question but is afraid too.

I notice he's usually nervous about lifestyle questions, but I'm not sure why.

"Spit it out or I'll tickle it out of you later.", I say teasing knowing I can make him talk if I tickle him.

"I don't wanna sound like a rich bastard.", he says nervous sounding.

"Why would I think that?", I say knowing he was raised away from to many poorer people that weren't his family's servants from talking to him about his childhood.

"Well Haruhi always got mad.", he says sadly "If I asked this type of question." while he talks I use the Facebook nearby friends thing to see he's nearby.

"Wise man once said there's no dumb questions just people so shoot.", I said.

"Is that where commoners get there clothes?", he says.

"Sometimes, some times not poor people and rich people go thrifting too because like I said one man's trash is another man's treasure.