Chapter 6: I just need someone to kiss

A few minutes later, the three of them found themselves back at Karen's overcrowded appartement.
Mario was in the kitchen, now chained to Karen and begging her for some Spaghetti.
By this point, Karen was seriously questioning her decision to let SMG3 and SMG4 use her appartement as their headquarters.

"Mario, for the last time I'm NOT making you any Spaghetti. I don't even have the ingredients necessary!" She sighed as Mario continued pleading.
"Why are you even here? Didn't SMG3 and SMG4 try to find Eggdog?" She looked at Mario judgingly "You don't look much like an Egg OR a dog to me"

Mario stopped pleading for just enough to explain the reason for him being there to Karen. "Oh, Three and Four said they wanted to-a question Mario about their stupid case later. But Mario's so hungryyy" he whined.

"Why later? What are they doing now?" Karen asked, glancing towards the living room. When SMG3, SMG4 first teleported back into her appartement they just wordlessly chained Mario to her arm and went into the living room. They had closed all the doors, so Karen couldn't see what they were doing, but judging by the expressions on their faces when they came in it must be something serious.

She looked back to Mario, waiting for an answer.
But the red plumber just shrugged. "Dunno, something to do with a phone?"

The phone Mario was talking about was placed on the living room table, facing upwards, in-between SMG3 and SMG4.
SMG4 was sitting on a little chair, nervously looking across the room.
Directly across from him, sitting on the couch, was SMG3, who was staring Three down with his menacing red eyes. His tie was undone and his hat dirty, the chaos of the day reflected in his appearance.

They really needed to continue the investigation, call SMG1 and Two and question Mario, but there were some questions they needed to answer first:
Did SMG4 take SMG3's phone?
Since when did he have it?
And was he linked to the kidnapping in any way?

Before closing all the rooms to the living room, SMG3 had managed to pick up Eggbaby. The tiny white dog was now sitting on his lap, sleeping. SMG3 was petting it rhythmically. SMG4 couldn't tell if SMG3 was trying to comfort Eggbaby or just calm himself down. But regardless of the reason why, petting Eggbaby just made SMG3 look even more like a typical cartoony villain.

And it stressed SMG4 out.

The air in the room was thick and filled with tension

The air in the room was thick and filled with tension. The silence was almost unbearable and SMG4 was internally begging for Three to finally say something. Ever since SMG4 pulled out SMG3's phone out of his jacket he hadn't said a word. It was pretty obvious that all the trust SMG3 had in SMG4 shattered as soon as he saw his phone in Four's hands.

And SMG4 couldn't blame him; SMG4 did look odly suspicious right now. If his phone got stolen and he re-discovered it in the hands of a former rival he would probably also question a few things.
But despite how it seems like at first glance; Four didn't actually take the phone! He had absolutely no idea how it got into his pockets!
The difficult task would be to convince his pessimistic partner of that reality.