Chapter 3: The lonely moments just get lonelier

"EGGDOG!" SMG3 screamed, getting up from the sofa and pressing the phone closer to his face to get a better look at the photo.
The creature in the picture was definitely Eggdog – SMG3 would recognize those eyes anywhere.
But the question on SMG3's mind wasn't whether or not it was really his dog, it was the question of where the picture was taken. The background didn't give SMG3 any hints; all he could see was a clear blue sky, grass and some trees in the distance – nothing that could help figure out the location.

Despite that, SMG3's eyes were continuing to scan the picture desperately. He was practically begging for any sort of hint as to what was going on, what he should do, how he could fix this. But his mind would come up with anything useful, it was all just too much. Looking at that picture of Eggdog, alone in an unknown place, made SMG3 experience way too many emotions at once. The panic, the guilt, the fear; SMG3 was simply overwhelmed.

He could barely breathe and his hands wouldn't stop shaking. SMG4 was saying something to him but Three couldn't hear him over the sound of his own heartbeat. There was only one thought running through his mind:
Find Eggdog.

SMG3 kept staring at the phone, lost in his own mind, until the feeling of Eggbaby brushing up against his legs snapped him back to reality long enough for SMG4's words to finally break through.
"Three! Please say something!"
"Wha- what?" SMG3 asked, confused. He was still not fully back to reality, unsure what exactly was happening.

"Three, oh my god, finally" SMG4 let out a sigh of relief "You haven't been responding to me for a full minute

"Three, oh my god, finally" SMG4 let out a sigh of relief "You haven't been responding to me for a full minute. Are you okay??"
SMG3 looked at SMG4, focusing on the deep blue of SMG4s eyes, trying to make sense of the situation.

They say that simply looking at the colour blue can help calm you down because it reminds you of the sky. Three was never sure if that was really true, but Fours eyes did have a calming effect on him right now.
Four looked really concerned and frightened, making Three wonder what thoughts were racing through his mind right now.

SMG3 took a deep breath. He needed to get it together. Not show any weakness. Eggdog NEEDED him right now – he can't waste any time.

But when SMG3 opened his mouth to reassure SMG4 and tell him that everything was fine, his knees went weak and he could feel himself starting to fall to the floor.

Oh no.

"THREE!" SMG4 yelled out, launching forwards to grab SMG3 and stop him from falling to the floor.
Eggbaby, who had walked into the room as soon as he heard SMG3 yelling, let out small yelps of concern, wagging its tiny tail around. SMG4 gently placed SMG3 on the sofa behind them, making sure to move carefully.

"Im- im fine" SMG3 said, his voice incredibly weak.
"NO YOU'RE NOT." SMG4 yelled back, his fear causing him to speak a bit louder than he would like to.
"Dude, you almost fainted, stop pretending that you're alright". SMG3 wanted to continue arguing against Four but he got distracted by the look on Eggbabys face. The small creature was barking wildly, tears forming in its eyes.
SMG3's behaviour must have really scared it. SMG3 sighed again. He should really try to calm himself down, if not for himself then at least for Eggbaby.