Chapter 1: I don't know how I got here

Visiting the Internet graveyard was never a simple task. You had to be prepared for everything; hordes of Knuckles, tornados of trollfaces or even just the ear-piercing screams of Crash Bandicoot.
SMG4 took a deep breath. He was standing in front of the portal that lead to the Internet Graveyard, nervous about what might wait for him on the other side.

He looked at his phone.
8:50am. Way too early.
No new messages. SMG4 sighed.

He had tried to call SMG3 a few times but he hadn't answered any of his calls, which means that SMG4 had to go to the Graveyard himself to give Three the important news: He heard that SMG1 and SMG2 wanted to visit soon and they should really prepare this time. One and Two always ask them if they've been training their Meme powers and they always have to lie and pretend like they have, even though they never make the time to train.
The last time SMG1 and SMG2 came to visit, Four and Three completely embarrassed themselves in front of them by failing to summon even a little Meme.

Well not this time! SMG4 woke up early and was ready to spend all day training with SMG3 to show SMG1 and SMG2 that they aren't completely useless as Meme Guardians. Besides, it was always nice to see SMG3.
The thought of seeing SMG3 seemed to somehow motivate SMG4 enough to finally step through the glowing portal in front of him.

SMG4 had expected to see a lot of things when he stepped through the portal.
What he didn't expect was to see the Graveyard Starbucks surrounded by cops and covered in police tape.

"Woah what? What's going on?" SMG4 asked out loud, stepping closer to the building to get a closer look.
The run down Coffee Shop was illuminated by red and blue light from the police cars that were surrounding it. Most of the area was taped off by yellow police tape, warning people to not cross. The main window of the Starbucks was completely shattered, glass everywhere on the dirt in front of the building. The inside of the building didn't look any better: Tables and chairs were thrown over, the floor was full of coffee powder and if SMG4 looked hard enough, he was certain that he could see SMG3s favourite mug shattered on the floor.

 The inside of the building didn't look any better: Tables and chairs were thrown over, the floor was full of coffee powder and if SMG4 looked hard enough, he was certain that he could see SMG3s favourite mug shattered on the floor

SMG3.

Oh god, was he okay?

SMG4 was about to duck under the police tape to rush inside and look for Three, when an old friend grabbed his shoulder to stop him.
"Woah woah, dude. What are you doing?"

SMG4 turned to his side and came face to face with one of the police officers.
But it wasn't just ANY officer.

"FM! You're here! Man, It's really good to see you again" SMG4 gave his old friend a hug.
"What's going on? Are you working on this case? Have you seen SMG3? Is he okay?" The questions just spilled out of SMG4 like a waterfall and FM had to try his best to slow his friend down.

"Hey hey, calm down. Not everything at once! I can't tell you a lot right now; We just got here like half an hour ago and we're still analysing everything." FM looked around the area. "But uh.. your boyfriend should be right over there" FM said while pointing to a cop car behind him.
"We had to lock him in a car because he kept trying to rush into the building and mess with our crime scene" FM rubbed his eyes, clearly annoyed at the memory of pushing Three in a cop car.