𝟬𝟬𝟯• 𝘔𝘦𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘪𝘢

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Two weeks had gone by after the incident, and Sora was brought home where she could rest. The doctors informed her mother that she had a chance of living, which relieved her.

Sayaka stayed away from her father the best she could. When he would be inside, she would sneak her way outside and vice-versa. It worked since he never said anything about the suspicious behavior. Her mother eventually caught on, trying to get them to talk to each other, but Sayaka was able to outsmart her.

It was currently the afternoon, Sayaka was resting beside an old log in an open forest area, and her brother's wooden katana lay beside her. Beads of sweat dripped off of her forehead and onto the dry surface, soaking into the dirt. She's been training since dawn, only taking small breaks in between training. Her hands rested in her lap, twirling her thumbs from boredom.

A snap came from behind her, and she shot up from the ground, grabbing the katana and clutching it tightly in her hands. She scanned the area, looking for any slight movement. Another twig snapped, but this time, it was off to the corner. She turned her gaze towards the noise, a silhouette of a man caught her attention, the person slowly making their way over to the frightened girl. She took a step back, needing to get further away from the mysterious man in front of her.

"Sayaka? I thought you were inside?" the voice called out. She knew exactly who it was.

"Renji, you scared me half to death. I didn't know who was coming towards me!"

He chuckled at her comment before looking around. He finally noticed the sword in her hand, his eyebrows rose, looking back up at her. His smirk became wider, walking closer to the girl.

"So that's why you're out here, training to become a demon slayer, right?" His shit- eating grin beamed, she rolled her eyes, dropping her hands to the side of her along with the katana.

"Yeah, you caught me..." She sighed, setting the sword down beside her and taking a glance back up at Renji.

" Hey, wait- aren't you going to train?" He asked, panicked flashed in his eyes for a moment before being replaced with curiosity.

"You're not going to say anything about this to Father?"

"No, why would I?" He titled his head to the side.

Sayaka opened her mouth to answer but quickly shut it. She looked up at the treetops. The sun shined down in patches, Sayaka thought it was always pretty to be in forests during the daylight. It made her feel calm, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath of the pine and rich soil air.

She turned her gaze again to Renji, who was now sitting on an old log. He took a glance around as well, taking in the beautiful scenery.

"I wish none of it happened..." Sayaka spoke out, dropping her head down.

"Yeah... but we can't change the past, can we? So why not change the future." He looked up at her, giving her a small smile before continuing.

"You want to become a swordsman, so train, push yourself, and do what your heart calls to you, not what people to tell you." He sat up, taking a few steps towards her.

Her fingers danced along the wooden katana. She was in a deep thought. She knew he was right. He always was. She placed the katana in her left hand, looking up at her brother, who was now only a couple feet away from her.

"Well... I'm going to need to be trained by the very best." She smirked. He only rolled his eyes in response.

"We can both train together. How does that sound?" He asked, slightly tilting his head to the side, waiting for an answer from the young girl.