𝟬𝟬𝟮• 𝘛𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

The door of the Hikaru's house burst open, and there stood a shaken Sayaka with a bloody hair pin in her trembling hands. She looked all worn out, her eyes bloodshot red.

Her mother turned around confused on the ruckus that happened before her. She looked at Sayaka, wondering what she was crying about before she spotted the hair pin.

"Sayaka.. where's Sora?!"

"I-i don't know. We were playing hide and seek a-and all I heard was her scream!" She breathed, clutching the hair pin tightly in her hand, bringing it close to her chest.

"What's going on?" A raspy old voice called out, Sayaka immediately knew who it was.

Well shit...

This will be fun.

"Sora's missing!" Her mother screamed, falling to the floor, placing her hands on her head.

Her father stared in disbelief, his fist clenching before turning around and running into his room, grabbing his katana and running back out, stopping to look at Sayaka.

"Where?!"

"I-in the forest, n-near the pond."

"You're going to be dead when I get back." Her father threatened before sprinting outside towards the direction.

Everything was blurry. She couldn't breathe. It felt like she was drowning in water, filling up her lungs as she slowly sank to the bottom. She felt horrible. How could she lose her sister like that?

there were voices, but it was all muffled. She felt someone shaking her back and forth. Suddenly, it felt like she was flung out of the water and onto the surface. gasping for air, she looked at the person in front of her, Renji.

"Sayaka, are you okay?! What's going on?" Her brother called out with worry dancing across his face. His hair was messy, with a few pieces sticking to his forehead.

"She lost her sister in the forest at night!" Her mother sobbed, now holding onto the newborn named Kasai Hikaru.

He was only 8 months old with blonde tufts of hair sticking out of the blanket that was wrapped comfortably around him. Light freckles were placed onto his face, and Sayaka thought it suited him.

"What?!"

"We were playing hide and seek... a-and all I heard was her scream," Sayaka began, looking down at the once shiny and bright hair piece that was now covered in her siblings' blood.

"I tried to find her, but all I found was her hair pin." Sayaka burst into tears again, getting a head throb from how hard she was crying.

"Hey... it's okay. Father will find her and everything will go back to normal." Renji placed his hand on her face, wiping away her tears. He gave her a sympathetic look, showing nothing but kindness.

How could he be so calm in a situation like this?! She always looked up to Renji because of the way he handles problems like these.

But would everything go back the way it was?

Hell, she probably would look at her sister the same. The girl she couldn't save. It would eat her up and ruin her. And disappointed parents who would haunt her about it.

Nothing would ever be the same.

-

It's been an hour, and their father still hasn't come back. Sayaka sat by the door, hoping to find father carrying Sora in his arms and that they both would make it home safe.