𝟬𝟬𝟭• 𝘧𝘢𝘵𝘦

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

The reflections of the sun danced along the clear waters, creating ripples. Wisteria trees surround the pond, giving it a light purple tint. There was a young girl sitting at the edge of a dock, looking into the limpid waters of the pond.

She looked to be around twelve years old, with blonde hair that reached to her shoulders; it was wavy, adding volume to it, and crystal blue eyes that reflected against the waters. She was always intrigued by the scenery that laid before her.

"Sayaka, honey! Where are you?" Her mother called out to her from behind.

Sayaka sat up, stretching, before running off to greet her mother. She always loved her mother. If Sayaka had any problems or wanted to talk to someone, her mother was there to help.

"Mom! I was at the pond; I just wanted to see it again." She answered, looking up at her mother's disapproving gaze.

Her mother had blonde hair that reached to her shoulders; it was tied neatly into a bun with a rose-like pin with jewels scattered around it placed neatly on top. Sayaka always loved her mother's eyes the most; her eyes looked like pools of emeralds shining wherever she went.

She was wearing a beige kimono that had small flowers and what looked like clouds on it, with a red ribbon tied around her waist. It suited her very well, making her mother's face and eyes look much brighter.

"Please let me know before you run off like that. I was worried!" Her mother stated, taking her daughter's hand before leading her away.

"Okay." she mumbled.

Sayaka didn't understand why her mother was so worried about it. She only went to the pond, where she normally goes. Maybe she will figure it out when she grows up.

Sayaka's mother guided her to the house, leading her to the front yard before gently letting her hand go. She turned around, facing Sayaka once again.

"Your father and Renji are in the yard training," her mother began, turning back around and heading to the front porch.

"Please, Sayaka, do not interfere with them. You know how your father gets when he's upset." She explained.

Oh, right. Her dearest father

Sayaka always noticed how he treated her differently than her siblings, but her mother always said, 'Your father cares about you deeply and wants to keep you safe'. At first, she believed it. Oh, how gullible she was, but as she aged and became more mature, she knew it was a lie.

-

"You will not watch Renji train! You're too young to even understand what's going on!" Sayaka's father yelled, towering over the young girl laying on the ground, weeping.

"I-i don't u-understand... Why can't I?" She sobbed, looking up at her father, who was seething with rage.

"I said so!" he began, scaring the poor girl even more, flinching and shaking uncontrollably. Oh, how she wanted it to end. How she wanted her mother or Kenji to come and save her.

"It's too dangerous for you; this world is a cruel place! And even if you tried, you would fail, just like your great grandpa. You're too weak to become a swordsman." He blurted, turning away from the sight with sore eyes.