Chapter 5 - Presents?

Delilah's POV:

"Delilah," a soft voice whispered.

My head shot up and I looked around, but saw nothing but trees for miles. I was alone, but I kept hearing that voice.

"Run Delilah," they said again.

I started walking faster and faster until I was running. I winced as twigs snapped beneath my feet, thorns digging into my skin.

"Where are you?" I yelled.

"You're almost there," they replied.

"Almost where!?" I yelled angrily.

I kept pushing myself to run faster. All of a sudden, the forest starting getting smaller and smaller. The trees disappearing, clouds going away, rain starting to fall.

"You're not going to make it," they said.

"No, I have to!" I yelled frantically.

The trees were gone and I saw nothing in the black sky. Rain kept falling as I ran, thunder the only noise I hear, and lightning the only light in the sky. Nothing but darkness all around me.

"You made it," they said.

"I did? Where!?" I yelled.

"Good bye Delilah."

The ground disappeared underneath me, but I kept trying to run. I started falling, rain hitting my skin, thunder booming in my ears. But I saw nothing. Nothing but darkness. This is it. I'm going to die.

"Delilah!"

I opened my eyes and hugged the duvet tightly around myself. I was gasping for air, my heart racing.

"Delilah, what's wrong?" Tom asked, his face filled with concern looking as if he was about to cry.

"Tom, I made it," I said, "I made it this time."

"Made what? Did you have that dream again?" he asked.

I nodded as tears started to fall down my cheeks. Tom pulled me into his lap, holding me against his bare chest. 

"I made it Tom," I croaked.

"What happened when you made it?" Tom asked.

"Everything started disappearing and it started to rain. It was pitch black and all I could see was the lightning. And then the ground just seemed to stop and I started falling," I said quietly.

Tom remained silent and rubbed my back. I don't understand what this dream means, I don't get it. Am I going to die soon? Am I going blind? No, get that out of your head Delilah. You, and Tom and the baby are going to be perfectly fine.

"I'm going to shower," I said pulling out of Tom's arms.

Tom nodded, "I'll just be in here love."

I nodded and wiped away the littler river of tears on my face. I turned on the hot water and let the water run down my face, as if washing away my sorrows. It's just a nightmare, it doesn't mean anything and it's not important.

Tom was laying in bed watching the telly when I walked out of the bathroom. He had his hands behind his head and looked extremely relaxed.

"Babe what are you staring at?" Tom asked. He looked away from the TV, and at me, and smiled.

"Nothing," I smiled.

Tom narrowed his eyes and got out of bed, walking straight towards me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me as close as possible to him. I put my hands on his chest and slowly moved them to the back of his neck and played with his hair.