10.

It's only been a few weeks since their marriage, but it feels like it's been a lifetime. They already are deeply in love with each other, and the feeling of being married to each other simply fills their hearts to the brim.

Now the pair gets ready to go to another important family event: a family party with both their family. They're excited to see everyone and to meet their loved ones in each other's sides.

"I'm so excited!"
"Who are you most excited to meet?", Tom asks Angel.

She sighs.

"I don't know..."

She really doesn't know. Her parents think that she is a failure, and her sister too. Only her grandma loves her.

"Oh come on, love...don't tell me you're nervous... It'll be fine, trust me. And plus...I'm sure they'll love you."

His voice is soothing and he smiles at her, hoping to calm her nerves.

"Think of it this way, darling.", he says gently, and he kisses her cheek.

"They're my family, that means this is an opportunity for them to meet my amazing woman.", he leans in and kisses her gently.

"You're perfect to me."

"Is not about your family... I am excited to meet them but..."

She sighs.

"Is about my family."

She is sure that they will like him but they will never love her.

"Ah... Well, love...it's okay to be nervous about these things. Just know I'm here for you, always and no matter what. I'm here to comfort you, to be there for you and just to love you, always.", he smiles.

"We can do this together, alright? I can help you get through it."

She doesn't awnsers, she just look at the floor.

He sighs.

"Is it really that bad, then?", he asks softly.

There's clearly something wrong for her to be looking at the floor like that. He has no idea what it could possibly be, but he wants to take care of her and be there for her.

"Can I help?"

He doesn't want her to feel bad, not even for a moment. He loves her so much, and that's why he wants to help her.

"I am a failure for my family, that's why they arranged this marriage. Just to be 'better', for the society.", Angel says, looking down at the floor.

"You're a failure to your family?", he asks softly, but he sounds surprised...and saddened.

"How so?", he asks, and he gently takes her hand and looks at her.

"What do you mean, love? And what about our marriage? I don't feel like this is a forced marriage...did your family force you into this, is that it?", he asks, his heart filling with sadness at the thought of her family doing something like that.

"If so, then I will always be with you, and I will always stand by your side."

"They forced me at first. After that... I've feel in love with you.", she says.

She sighs.

"When I was fourteen, my parents didn't care about me anymore. I've had depression because of the school bulliying and they made it worse. They were beaten me up or call me names. They made me their 'maid'. I mean, they always order me to clean the house like a maid."

She looks in his eyes with sadness.

"My parents always spoiled my sister. They always were bad to me, they barely talk with me. They forced me to make the band, and then they wanted me to marry Carlos at fifteen. I didn't do that and they said that I will marry you at eighteen."