4.

By the time they get home, Tom is positively beaming. This has been one of the best days of his life, truly. He's married to his Angel now...it's perfect, simply perfect.

The pair find themselves on their bed, laying next to each other, when Tom speaks up with a soft smile.
"So? Any regrets?", he chuckles, the joy still evident on his voice. His eyes sparkle still, and there's a certain gleam to them that's hard to shake.
"Did I do well?"

"You did it well.", she says with a little smile.

He smiles widely, still beaming. It's just like a fairy tale, truly...a happy ever after for them. He takes her hand, a soft, affectionate smile on his lips.
"I love you.", he whispers. That's really the only thing left to say now, and Tom knows it.
"I love you with everything I have."

She smiles and nods.

She slowly feels in love with him. But she needs acts, not only words.

"Do you remember everything we said during the vows?", he asks sweetly, leaning closer to her.
"Do you remember what we promised each other?" And there it is...the most important question.
"Do you remember what this ring means?", his voice is filled with love and kindness, his hand gently caressing her. He couldn't feel closer to her than they were right now...this was what life was about. And now, he has an Angel to do it with.

"I remember everything, Tom.", she says.

"And...and do you mean it?", he asks softly, his lips curling into a soft smile.
"Do you mean what you said, what we promised each other?"
"Do you love me?", he whispers the words like they're magic, his eyes meeting hers with such sincerity and love that it almost makes his heart stop.

She looks in his eyes.

"Do you want the truh, Tom?", she asks.

He's silent for a minute. The happiness he felt starts to turn to worry as he stares into her eyes. His smile becomes less cocky and more genuine, and his tone turns soft as he whispers.

"Yes....yes, I want the truth. Anything, so long as it's the truth. I will promise that I promise to always be understanding. I promise to always love you, no matter what you say. But I need to know, Angel. I need to know."
He says, his eyes filled with such warmth and kindness yet still so serious.

She wants to tell him everything, that she feels love, anger, hate, sadness, she wants to tell him everything.

She sighs.

"I have so many feelings, Tom. First, I love you, but I hate you at the same time. You make me feel special sometimes, but other times you make me sick or you make me scared of you.", she whispers.

He can see she's nervous, and it makes his heart break. She must be terrified that he'll get angry at her again, and he'll never forgive himself for that.

"Angel...", he whispers. His own voice catches.
"Listen to me, please. I am so, so sorry for what I've done, for how I've made you feel. You deserve better. You deserve a beautiful future. And I promise you...I will do everything I can to make you happy, to make you feel loved and safe. Do you...do you forgive me, my Angel?"

"Tom... I'm trying to do it, I swear.", she says, with tears in her eyes.

He smiles in a soft and genuine way, his eyes warming up. He wipes a tear away gently with his thumb and leans in to kiss her.
"You've got a long way, Angel. But know that I will be there every step of the way. And I will show you how much I love you. I will show you that you have nothing to be afraid of. You're my Angel now, Angel of my eye. I love you...", he says, and the love and admiration that he was showing seemed more than genuine.
"I always have, and I always will."

She hugs him with tears in her eyes. She slowly feels safe in his arms. She slowly starts to love him, she slowly starts to trust him. Slowly.

Tom hugs her tightly, and he smiles at her, his eyes soft and warm. He wants to hold her like this forever and never let go...the feeling of her hugging him back, of her being in his arms, it makes him feel so...it's a feeling he's never felt before, but it's one he knows he's going to love for the rest of his life.
"I love you, my Angel.", he says again, just so that she knows.
"More than anything, and always."

Angel looks in his eyes with a lot of emotions, if feelings, but the love beats all the emotions.

He smiles as he looks into her eyes, and he brushes another tear away. His thumb traces gently along her cheek, and his gaze softens even more. This is his Angel, his love...his wonderful, sweet Angel. He's never seen her with her eyes so filled with love, and the feeling makes his heart race so much it makes him have to sit down. He will do anything for her, just to make her happy.
"If you ever need me, Angel, you only need to call my name.", he whispers, loving and kind.

She nods and she rests her head against his chest. She feels safe, slowly.
A minute.
A minute and some words made Angel to start trusting Tom.
A minute made her start slowly trusting him.

He smiles. The feeling of her against him, her head against his chest, it's incredible. He holds her tightly in his arms, and it makes him feel so happy that his heart almost hurts. He can't believe he's married to his Angel, his little Angel, and he can't believe how much she truly means to him. He won't ever, ever let go of her. She's forever his.

And in moments like this, it feels like his life is perfect.