- 9: Frank's Discovery -

As Eddie walks away, I stood in my doorway shocked. That was very out of character for him... After I thought for a moment I went back inside and called Julie.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hi, Julie. You were right." She sighed from the other end of the phone.

"Wonder what's up with him... maybe you should call him." I could feel her devious smile from the other side of the phone.

"What?! No way Julie. He just lost his cool right in front of me, so why would he talk to me over the phone?" I asked.

"I don't know, but I think you should try it." She continued to suggest.

"No, and that is final. I'll just talk to him during deliveries tomorrow." I replied.

"Fine, but you're no fun." I laughed.

"I am loads of fun, you just don't understand," I said.

"No way, all you do is lay low and catch bugs. Why don't you live a little?" She groaned.

"Okay, Julie. How about I come over and you show me how to, quote, 'live a little'?" I said.

"Oo, yes! Come over right away and I'll show you!" She agreed. Suddenly, I was hiding in Poppy's bushes. Julie ran up to her door, rang the bell, and ran back to the bushes. Poppy came out, looked around, and went back indoors. The whole time I was biting my nails nervously.

"Julie, are you sure ding-dong ditching is fun?" I asked, she giggled at my nervousness. 

"Of course, silly. It's about the thrill! Even if she catches you, she won't be upset." Julie reassured me. "Now, it's your turn!" I stood up and walked up to her door, rang the doorbell, and thought I had to be quiet, not fast so as I was trying to tiptoe back Poppy opened the door.

"Wow, I wasn't expecting you to ding-dong ditch, Frank!" I froze and stood straight in front of her.

"Haha- Yup... Julie wants me to 'live a little' so here I am. I'm sorry for disrupting you." I replied. Poppy laughed.

"No worries, all good." She smiled at me. I tried to smile but I'm terrible at that, so I just looked... funny. After that awkward interaction, I walked back to Julie and she sighed.

"Well, I guess that didn't work... let's go steal something from Howdy!" Julie exclaimed while I looked at her, horrified.

"Steal?! No way, that's dangerous." I said, crossing my arms.

"No, we'll put it back after we leave. Not stealing, borrowing." She said. I gave in and we walked to Howdy's bodega. When inside, Julie instructed me to distract Howdy while she grabbed something.

"Good afternoon, Frank! What brings you in today?" He smiled at me.

"You know, I just wanted to chat a bit," I replied, trying to sound cool.

"Alrighty. How's your day been?" He asked me.

"Pretty okay, besides Eddie's outburst at me about 2 hours ago now, but it's fine." Howdy frowned.

"Yeah, Eddie's having a pretty bad day." He said, closing his eyes in the process. I took the chance to look over at Julie. instead of having one thing, she had lots of stuff. I ran up to her.

"What are you doing?!" I scream-whispered.

"I decided that we are having a picnic!" She smiled. I groaned.

"I- whatever," I replied. We walked back up to Howdy, paid, and left. "At least we didn't steal..." Julie laughed and pulled a small apple out of the pocket in her dress. I gasped.

"Yes we did, and we're going to give it to Wally!" I rolled my eyes and then noticed movement from Eddie's porch. I looked and saw Eddie outside, shaking his wet hair after what seemed to be a shower. I blushed and ushered Julie to walk faster. "What's this about?" She asked.

"I- I don't know..." I thought about why I blushed and why I forced us to walk faster. We dropped the apple off at Wally's house and set up our picnic.

"So, Frank... What was all of that over by Eddie's house?" She asked me. I thought about what I saw and blushed... Why am I blushing at the sight of Eddie?!

"I don't know... could you maybe help me think?" I asked. She nodded.

"Explain what happened first." She said.

"Well, I noticed Eddie on his porch, and by the looks of it, he had just taken a shower. I blushed, and ran away like a child who has a crush on- someone..." As I explained it out loud, I realized what was happening.

"Oo!! Frank this is so cute!" Julie smiled. I shook my head.

"No, no, no! I can not like Eddie! That's so weird, we aren't even good friends!" I buried my head into my knees. 

"Oh.. thinking about you two being together is so cute! You fell first... but he fell harder!" She exclaimed while I groaned.

"Stop... I don't want to think about us being together..." I sighed.

"Fine... Don't get too embarrassed though, I've been able to tell for a few days now." I looked up at her, shocked.

"How do you always know stuff before me?!" I asked her. "Can you see the future? Never mind. That's stupid."

"I just notice things before you do. Like when I called you about Eddie's mood today, you were automatically concerned about him. You don't worry like that unless you're at least good friends." Julie pointed out. I thought about it, and she was right. I was very worried about Eddie, and I still am.

"I guess you're right. Gosh, this is so weird." I blushed, this time because of embarrassment.

"It's like you've never had a crush on somebody!" Julie laughed.

"Yeah, because I haven't!" I said. Julie gasped in response.

"Oh my gosh! Do you have any questions about it? I could easily answer! Back in school, it felt like I had a crush 24/7!" She exclaimed.

"Well- what do I do about it?" I asked.

"You try to hint it to them and make try to make them like you back, I guess. Be super nice, get them gifts, hang out with them, and... yeah! Once you're confident, ask them out and hope for the best." She instructed.

"But, what if I tell him one day and he doesn't like me back?" I asked and Julie frowned.

"Then you try to move on from your feelings and hope that you two can still be friends." She told me.

"Alright. I suppose we should pack up and get going, shouldn't we?" I said, standing up and brushing my pants off.

"Mhm." Julie agreed and we packed up, said our goodbyes, and left. 

Tomorrow is another day.

------------ Notes ------------

Words (before notes): 1073

Yahoo 1k+ reads!! Here's chapter 9 for ya! 
I decided to end the chapter with the same line because it was the same day, just a different POV.
I hope you guys like the chapter. Don't forget to follow me if you want to be updated about the status of the story!