- 6: Prove It -

After Frank left my house, I immediately went inside and jumped around like a little kid.

"First real friend and it's Frank! How unexpected..." I smiled and fell onto my couch, quickly falling asleep. A few hours later, at about 7:30 pm (A/N: the time before was like, 3:45/4-ish idk) I woke up to a loud knocking at my door. I rubbed my eyes and got up. After opening the door, I noticed Wally standing there.

"Hello, neighbor!" I stood there, holding onto my door. "Mind if I come in?" I sighed at Wally's question.

"May I ask why?" I asked.

"I haven't been able to talk to you much since you moved in over a week ago, and I don't think that is very neighborly of me!" I moved away from the door and gestured Wally in. He sat down on my couch, and I sat in the chair across from him. "Your house has some beautiful decoration!" I awkwardly smiled.

"Thanks..." My house is rather empty. Maybe a picture here and there, and a few plants, but it's not very exciting. "So... what do you want to talk about?" I asked.

"Well, have you made any friends? Have people been treating you nicely?" I quickly smiled after hearing Wally's first question.

"I officially made a friend today! It's Frank!" Wally looked at me, stunned.

"Are you sure it was Frank? Maybe it was Howdy. Howdy is green with 4 arms and 4 legs, Frank is grey, and he's always frowning." I rolled my eyes.

"I'm sure it was Frank and his spinning head." Wally was surprised.

"He never likes the new neighbors this fast, considering that when Poppy moved in, it took about 4 months for him to be friendly with her!" Wally exclaimed.

"I doubt that. Sure, Frank and I didn't get along at first, but he said we are friends about..." I stopped and checked the clock. "4 hours ago now?" 

"I don't believe you, Eddie." Wally doubted me, and I groaned.

"Want me to prove it to you?" I said, annoyance in my voice.

"Sure, I haven't seen Frank in a few days, so why not." I nodded, and we both got up. I grabbed my shoes, and we were out the door shortly, walking to Frank's together. The walk there was silent and awkward before I broke the silence.

"Why do you care though?" I asked Wally.

"Hm... I don't know. Just something new about Frank that I've never seen." He replied. I shrugged and kept walking. Soon enough, we reached Frank's house.

"I'll-" I began to speak before Wally cut me off and lightly pushed in front of me.

"I'll knock!" I groaned because I was about to say that. Wally knocked and looked back at me, smiling. Why is he so happy? I wondered.

"Hello?" I heard from the door. It was Frank. "Wally, it's almost 8 pm. What do you need?" He asked before shifting his glance to me. I blushed and looked away, but I wasn't completely sure why. I was probably embarrassed because we were there so late. "Eddie too. What are you two up to?"

"Eddie said that you and he are friends and I don't believe it, considering how long it took for you to be friendly with Poppy," Wally said. I saw Frank tense up before whispering to Wally. I nervously held my arm. "Oh, I see. Did you talk to Julie about it yet? I bet she can help you." I heard Wally say. I stood there, staring at both of them. Frank seemed to be avoiding my glance, which made me upset. I thought we were friends.

"I guess she could help me with this. It's an odd feeling and I'm unsure what it means." Frank said. Does he hate me?! 

"I know what you're talking about, but I can't say here. Plus, Julie might have better advice about it." Wally explained.

"You're right. I'll go give Julie a call. Have a good night, Wally and... Eddie." Frank said and Wally waved. Frank paused before my name, I'm sure he lied about us being friends. Wally smiled at me. 

"Eddie, I've got an awkward question." I raised my eyebrow.

"What is it?" I asked. Wally gestured for me to bend down so he could whisper it to me. After I heard his question I gasped and stood back up. (A/N: No, I am not telling you what the question was. Maybe you can figure it out yourself, but lol might give away the next chapter.) "Me? No, no. I'm not. At least I don't think I am... How would I know?" I replied.

"Well, it's about feeling. How do you *words that ik but you can't!!* ?" I thought about my response for a minute before responding.

"Good, I guess. *word* makes me smile even though we barely know each other... does that mean I am? Is something wrong with that?" I asked, nervously. Wally shook his head.

"No, it's perfectly okay if you are! But that's also only one experience, so you may not be. Who knows?" I sighed. 

"Okay, yeah. I'll think about it more tonight." Wally nodded and we parted ways. The rest of my short walk home was uncomfortable, to say the least. Once inside I kicked my shoes off and fell onto my couch again. The thought of what Wally and I talked about on our walk home was hanging over my head. "What if I am..." I whispered out loud. I checked the clock once again... 8:20 pm. I groaned before hearing my stomach growl. I was tired so I decided to just make a bowl of cereal. After I made the simple meal and sat down, my phone rang. 

"Who would call me this late at night? Maybe it's Wally and he wants to talk about our conversation. I picked up the phone and before I could say anything I heard someone's voice on the other line spew a ton of words quickly.

"HeyJuliethisisreallyimportantIthinkImightbe-tdy-andidon'tknowwhattodoaboutitpleasehelp." I stood there with a confused look on my face.

"Uhm, what?" I asked. The other person gasped.

"Eddie! Hello... I didn't mean to call you, and I apologize. I don't even have your number how did this happen..." It was Frank. 

------------ Notes ------------

Words (before notes): 1021

If you correctly guess what Wally asked I won't be surprised. It's kinda obvious. But don't worry! Even if you don't get it, the next chapter will reveal it. I'm in a writing mood right now so who knows, maybe the next chapter will be up on the same day?

Anyways, yeah uhh thanks for continuing to read and interact with my story! These positive comments mean a lot to me.

- Aurora 🌟