- 8: Bad Days -

"Well, I best be going now. Thank you for the food Frank, goodnight!" I said.

"You're welcome, goodnight," Frank replied as I walked out the door. I enjoyed my walk home as the sun set when I noticed Wally sitting on his front porch, talking to Poppy. I remembered what he asked me the previous night and decided to speak to him about it. As I walked up, Poppy was leaving.

"Hello, Eddie!" She greeted me as we walked past each other.

"Howdy!" I replied. I stepped up Wally's porch steps and stared at him.

"Good evening, neighbor. What are you doing here?" He asked and I sighed.

"I want to ask you about the question you asked me last night." He stared at me for a moment.

"Ah yes, the question." He thought about it for a moment. "Can you remind me what I asked you?" I groaned.

"You asked me if I was gay out of the blue and I want to know why," I told him. (A/N: yes that is what he asked him. very blunt ik and it's also the reason Idk if I want the story to go this way)

"Oh, it was because of what Frank told me." He smiled but I just stood there, confused.

"Well, what did Frank tell you?" I asked.

"Sorry neighbor, that is classified. He'll probably tell you about it one day unless something more becomes of it." I sighed.

"Wally why must you be so confusing!" I blurted out before leaving his porch.

"Goodbye, Eddie!" He shouted as I walked away. I rolled my eyes and continued to my house, not even saying goodbye. Once I got home, I kicked off my shoes and face planted into my couch, and groaned. I slowly sat up again and decided that I probably needed to eat something. I made myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (I know, 5-star chief) and sat back down. I sat there when my phone rang and I had to pick it up.

"Hello?" I said into my rotary phone.

"Hey, Eddie! It's Julie!" Julie shouted into my ear which then caused me to throw the phone away from my ear for a moment.

"Woah, quiet down Julie. It's getting late and I guarantee that Barnaby is already asleep." I said and she laughed from the other side of the phone.

"Sorry, I've just got an angry guy over right now who doesn't want me calling you!" She laughed.

"Pardon me? I'm confused, who doesn't want you to call me?" I heard squeaking from two people on the other end of the phone.

"OH JUST FARAN-" I heard before Julie was muffled, presumably by the other person.

"Oh, shush Julie!" A familiar voice said. Frank...

"Julie, is that Frank?" I asked and her phone went silent before I heard Frank take the phone.

"Hello, Eddie. I'm terribly sorry that Julie called you and I'm going to hang up now, goodbye." He said.

"Wait, why didn't you-" tried to say before he set the phone down. I threw my head back and sighed. "WHY IS EVERYONE SO DIFFICULT TONIGHT!" I shouted before I put my head in my hands. I've only been here for about 3 weeks and I'm still so confused. Why does it seem like everyone is hiding something from me?

-Time skip cause lololol this part is boring and I have plans-

I woke up the next morning in a pretty bad mood, still annoyed from the previous night. I rolled out of bed and slowly got ready for work. Once I was out the door, I could tell my day was going to be different, and not in a good way. I soon arrived at Poppy's house after deciding to switch up my route.