P.S. Rainy Autumn

We couldn't conceal the engagement for an extended period, and we didn't particularly want to. In order to invite all our friends at once officially and avoid offending anyone, we decided to host a barbecue.

"When will the event take place?" Ino asked, taking a sip of her sake.

"It's scheduled for the spring. By then, the Kage will have a more relaxed schedule to congratulate Naruto-kun," I felt my face blush again.

"I've heard that the cherry blossoms will be especially abundant," Sakura said dreamily.

"How romantic," Ino smiled, leaning against her best friend's shoulder.

"A prominent person like him can't carry out such a significant event without inviting the leaders of the allied countries to join the celebration," Li lamented, banging the table loudly.

"Lee, you've had enough, don't you think? You don't have the money to repair this bar!" Tenten exclaimed.

"You're right, Tenten! Gai-sensei wouldn't approve of that!" Tears welled up in Lee-kun's eyes.

"Oh, why am I doing this?" Tenten sighed, pouring herself another glass.

"Naruto!" Kiba barked, silencing everyone. "If you just dare to offend our girl!.. I'll tear off any dangling part that... " Shino covered Kiba's mouth with his hand.

"You should have informed us earlier," he mumbled, and everyone knew he felt offended once again.

"I'm sorry, Shino-kun," I apologized.

"It's alright. At least you said it in the end," he replied, releasing Kiba-kun.

Overall, despite the obvious excess in drinks, the evening went well. Chōji ate heartily, Lee philosophized extensively, Tenten tried to restrain him, Kiba made threats, Sai smiled and grew rosier by the minute. Sakura and Ino started reminiscing about Sasuke-kun and ended up shedding tears on each other's shoulders. Shikamaru-kun silently drank, gazing thoughtfully at Naruto and then at Temari-san. She, noticing his glances, acted even louder than Kiba.

I also tried sake, and I must say, I wasn't particularly impressed. It had a bitter taste, but it somehow made my mind grow noisy, and for some reason, I felt an urge to laugh.

"Are you alright?" Naruto-kun whispered in my ear. I nodded, feeling the warmth radiating from his proximity.

"Shall we make a run for it?" he asked. I looked at him and smiled. "You head to the restroom, and I'll follow you. Let's meet on the street in ten minutes."

"Okay," I whispered and stood up.

"Hinata, where are you going?" Sakura mumbled, sniffling with her wet nose.

"I'll be right back," I lied, feeling my legs not quite cooperating. The deceptive sake...

In the restroom, I splashed cold water on my face, trying to regain some composure. Ten minutes later, I found myself outside. The fresh air helped clear my head a little. Naruto-kun was already waiting for me.

"I'll see you off, but first, let's go to my place. They said it's going to rain, so you'll need an umbrella," he said, looking directly at me. It seemed someone had a few drinks before heading out.

"Okay," I laughed, glancing up at the dark sky. It was unclear whether the darkness was due to clouds or the time of day. But for some reason, it felt important to look at him.

"Hey, Naruto!" someone shouted from the bar. Naruto-kun placed a finger on his lips, pulled me along, and we ran. Just as we turned the corner, it started to rain. Laughing almost to the point of tears, we continued our dash to his place. To get an umbrella, well, yes.

Still chuckling, he took out his keys and struggled to find the keyhole amidst his laughter. Or perhaps that was sake's fault.

When we finally stumbled into his apartment, we were drenched from head to toe.

Laughing, I looked at Naruto-kun. Small droplets fell from his hair, even dripping from his nose. His clothes were practically soaked through.

"Naruto-kun, you're going to catch a cold!" I thought. We need to get those wet clothes off!

"Really?" He picked up his jacket and examined it.

"Of course!" I exclaimed, walking over to him. Frowning, I gripped the zipper and pulled it down. It got stuck halfway, and I had to struggle to push it down and finally release the lock. Then I grasped the collar, intending to remove his wet jacket from Naruto-kun's shoulders. But a strange silence caused me to look up and halt.

He stared at me without blinking, and his blue eyes seemed almost black. His chest rose and fell as if he were catching his breath.

In an instant, he pressed me against the wall, his lips pursed, devouring me without restraint. I closed my eyes, surrendering to the moment, arching beneath his tender touch. His hand slid from my waist under my wet blouse, inching higher, crushing the fabric. A moan escaped my lips, and suddenly, everything came to a halt. I opened my eyes. Naruto-kun pulled away, breathing heavily, his expression filled with surprise. He straightened my blouse.

"Your clothes are also soaked. I'll fetch a towel and a T-shirt," he said in a husky voice, retreating and disappearing into the closet.

I let out a sigh. What just happened? I had completely lost control of myself. It was only his self-restraint that prevented things from going further. Further. Oh, what will come of this! I closed my eyes and covered my reddening face with my hands. It was only now that realization and apprehension began to sink in.

Naruto-kun handed me a dry T-shirt, sweatshirt, and a bag for my wet clothes.

We hardly spoke during the journey to my house. I tried unsuccessfully to push away the fear of what lay ahead. Even his presence and the tight grip of his hand failed to alleviate it.

Naruto-kun's clothes were clean, but they stillcarried his scent. The faint aroma was both arousing and intoxicating. Even acold shower couldn't wash away the impressions of the day, for my dreams burnedhotter than summer days.