Chapter 1: Does Your Grandma Know You're a Pervert?

No one ever plans to get arrested for assault after shoving an Oscar Meyer weiner into a drunk clown's ear canal-- it just sort of happens

Rowena Flores, a woman with big hips and an even bigger attitude, stood outside T-Net's storefront, her dark hair twisted in a braid and her hands clenched into fists. Her fiery mood matched the tight red dress she wore.

Abby Howler, Rowena's best friend and a werewolf shifter, stood warily at her side.

A year ago, Rowena had been kidnapped by the Howler pack's alpha, Cross Howler, after she'd become the prime suspect in a murder investigation. Like any dysfunctional man and woman who met through a kidnapping and murder accusations, Rowena and Cross were now dating. Her abuela even proclaimed them soulmates.

Despite her reality being stranger than the romance novels she read in her book club, Rowena fully embraced the secret paranormal world she stumbled into.

Rowena also held the title of being a hexing witch-- a paranormal being with the uncanny ability to curse others with just her spoken word. 

"Are you sure this is a good idea, Ro?" Abby asked.

"No, but T-Net is going down like a pine tree during Christmas season," Rowena muttered, slashing her hand in the air. "Chop, chip, chop, T-Net!"

"Chop, chip, chop? Are you drunk?" Abby whispered in a bewildered tone.

Rowena scowled and shook her head as she marched toward the Internet and phone carrier's storefront.

Bright colorful ribbons decorated the gray building while a disoriented clown passed out cold hotdogs to customers in the parking lot.

"I want to speak to the manager!" Rowena shouted. Her brown eyes glared at the clown blocking her path.

A few customers glanced in her direction.

Gilbert Rodriguez, a short guy with a man-bun and a Napoleon complex, stood in the doorway of T-Net's entrance, his arms akimbo. He smirked. "I am the manager and I already told you, we aren't responsible for any problems caused by your wifi being down yesterday."

"Listen Top-knot, I told you I needed my internet to work. T-net is the only internet provider in town and they're also my phone carrier."

"Don't call me Top-knot! You know I hate that nickname!" Gilbert cried, protectively touching the ball of hair at the top of his head.

Rowena ignored his outburst. "It was a total inconvenience, and probably only caused me problems, but your company is responsible."

"That's not true," Gilbert protested. "I was inconvenienced too. I was streaming a really good movie yesterday when it suddenly stopped and I--"

"I don't want to hear about you watching pornos, Gilbert!" Rowena stomped closer to the building, ignoring the snickering crowd.

"Ro, calm down," Abby whispered. "The last thing you need is to get arrested...again."