Chapter Twenty-Six

Beyoncé POV
The Same Day
At The Warehouse in the Surveillance Room

"Okay, so you checked all over and didn't find anything?" I asked Megan as I rummaged through drawers looking for the password to the computer. I don't remember the computer having a password but okay.

"Nope, I checked the splatter room, all the hallways, all the exits, and the viewing rooms. Nothing." I groaned and facepalmed. This shit is getting out of line.

"Who could this be, you said it was two people, what two people would be out for us? We really haven't done anything and we don't have any known enemies." I said thinking.

Megan looked at me with a face of realization. "Remember what Lando said? He said there were two people in charge of this whole thing, how would he know it was two people if he never met them. One of the two people's workers would have came up to him and said the bosses, not the two bosses. This might be a reach but I think Lando knows more than me think."

"Okay but how do we get that information out of him? We can't kill him or else his whole crew gone come after us."

We looked at each other thinking and it's like a light bulb came on at the same time. "Tiana."

We both stood up and I unplugged the laptop out the wall and closed it grabbing it to go.

"Hey you smell something? Like smoke?" I thought about it and sniffed around and surely enough I could smell the smoke. Something was on fire and that meant someone is in the building so we gotta go now.

"Get on my back and hold on tight tight." I bent down a bit and that's when I heard the sound of heels on the ground. Megan got on my back and I shushed her as I walked in the closet.

"Whoever that it is gone try to set this room on fire, and since when did the surveillance room have a camera in it?" Megan whispered to me.

"What you mean?" I lowly whispered back. She pointed at the corner of the room that we could see through a crack in the closet door and I noticed a security camera. The red light was blinking indicating that someone was watching. So this was a set up because only Lando knew we were going to come here.

"Baby I need you to feel behind you for a latch. When you find that latch, pull it hard." I whispered up to her. She patted my head letting me know she heard me and I could feel her turn a bit. If she can find the latch then we can run down the emergency stairs since we're on the second floor only.

"I can feel it but you need to back up some." Quickly I backed up and that's when it hit me. They have a camera in the room, they saw us go in the closet.

"Quickly. They know exactly where we are." I said rushing her along. After about 10 more seconds I heard the latch drop and the door opened to the emergency stairs.

I sped down the stairs as the door emergency door closed back. After a couple more seconds I heard the door open and to my disbelief a masked man stuck his head out the door and we made eye contact since that's all I could see.

I got to the bottom of the stairs and threw Megan in the back seat and hopped in the drivers seat since the man went back in the building and I assumed he was on his way downstairs.

I sped off and as I drove past the front of the building I noticed it was in fact on fire.

"Call Di and tell her to meet us at Backstreet café." I said swerving in and out of traffic. After a second I heard Megan in the back talking to Diamanté. Once she got off the phone I spoke again. "Reach under my seat and grab the box that's under it, grab the burner out and call Julius and tell him to go to Mama's house now and get Mama, Blue, and Mariah. He knows where to take them. Then call Mama Tina and tell her not to open the door for anybody."