A Nightmare

Who's a little- no, a lot like water and oil? Brandy and Mr. Whiskers! That's a question that's been asked over and over every episode during the theme song. A silly rabbit and a pampered pooch, it is still a miracle how they survived a fall from a plane with no parachutes. Yet despite being stuck in the jungle for a long time, the cycle still continues with Brandy and Mr. Whiskers driving each other bananas!

But what if in this fanfiction without spoiling anything, it didn't end that way? Yep. Brandy and Mr. Whiskers have still faced many challenges while also adapting to their lives in the Amazon Rainforest, but they could be prepared to face their biggest challenge yet. Sit back and enjoy this story.

It was just one hour after midnight, and Brandy and Mr. Whiskers were fast asleep in their beds. Brandy on the top and Whiskers on the bottom as always. Whiskers was snoring really loud, interrupting Brandy.

After tossing and turning for a while, Brandy laid on her back and called, "Whiskers?" He didn't hear her except for himself. "WHISKERS!" Brandy called again. He still didn't wake up as he slept heavily like he was sedated. Brandy's face turned red in frustration; her fists tightened. She turned downward facing the snoring rabbit and gave him a hard shove. "WHISKERS!" Brandy screamed. He jerked and sprang up, opening his eyes.

"Huh?! Who?! What?!" He replied. "Brandy, What's wrong?"

"I can't sleep with you snoring the entire time."

"What are you talking about? I was sleeping like you asked too."

Brandy slapped her hand on her face in annoyance. "Whiskers, go back to sleep. And do it without snoring."

"Okay I'll try."

Whiskers immediately fell back asleep with Brandy breathing a sigh of relief as she fell back asleep also. One hour later, Whiskers began tossing and turning in his bunk until he fell out onto the floor with a thud. "Ow." He said as he got up. He turned to look at Brandy to see if she was still asleep only to notice that the top bunk was empty.

Assuming Brandy was in the bathroom, Whiskers went to the bathroom door and knocked. "Brandy? Brandy? Are you there?" He asked. Not knowing what else to do, he grabbed the door handle and pushed it open. The bathroom was empty despite the light being left on. Whiskers went into an immediate panic.

"Where is she? Could she be with Lola, Meryl and Cheryl?

Suddenly there came a rumbling and beeping. The whole treehouse began to shake violently around him. He stumbled outside of the treehouse and held onto the windowsill. As Whiskers looked down from the deck, he saw a large, strange contraption. He couldn't make out what it was, but he knew he was in trouble.

Then lights flooded on, and he realized what it was, a bulldozer about to knock over the tree. "BRANDY! BRANDY! LOLA! ED! ANYBODY! HELP!" Whiskers screamed as he clung on for dear life. The bulldozer began moving back and forth, trying to knock down the tree. Finally, Whiskers lost his grip on the windowsill and slipped from the deck. He shut his eyes as he plummeted onto the bulldozer's sharp blade.

As Whiskers opened his eyes, he screamed not realizing he was still in bed having a nightmare. He jumped out of bed and sprang up onto Brandy's bed, landing on her stomach, (who was still here) waking her up.

Brandy noticed Whiskers lying on her, shaking in fear and sucking his thumb.

"WHISKERS! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! IT'S 3 AM!" Brandy yelled. Whiskers just clung onto Brandy and sobbed uncontrollably. "Don't leave me, Brandy! Don't let it get me! I don't wanna die!"

Brandy was confused about what Whiskers was talking about. "I'm still here and what?" she asked.

"The bulldozer, Brandy!" Whiskers replied. "BEWARE THE BULLDOZER!"

"What bulldozer? I didn't hear anything."

"I think you'd better come outside and see it. Trust me."

Whiskers hopped out of the bunk and opened the door, heading outside to the deck. Brandy put on her slippers and also went outside, following the small rabbit. Brandy looked at Whiskers who stared below, dumbfounded. She also stared below at the ground, seeing nothing. Annoyed, Brandy leaned to Whiskers and asked, "Well, unless you had a nightmare. Where did you see this bulldozer?"

Whiskers was perplexed. Was this really a nightmare or not? It all seemed too real, and they can be. He could not prove he actually saw something, so he sighed. "Nowhere. It was all a nightmare." He admitted.

"That's what I thought. Now go back to sleep."

Without warning, Mr. Whiskers jumped onto Brandy and wrapped his arms and legs around her.

"Whiskers! What has gotten into you!?"

The frightened rabbit stared at the pissed mutt's face. "I'm too scared to fall back asleep. Can I sleep with you please?"

Before Brandy could say anything, Whiskers began to break down, knowing what she was going to say.

"PLEASE! I'M BEGGING YOU BRANDY! I PROMISE I'LL GO RIGHT TO SLEEP! I'M SCARED!"

The annoyed dog rolled her eyes in annoyance. She knew if she said no, he was going to keep her up until daybreak and that was the last thing she wanted. She sighed and said, "Fine, if you're going to be a big baby, you can sleep with me. But just for tonight."

"YAY! G'night Brandy."

Whiskers immediately fell asleep with his head on Brandy's shoulder. "What a big baby," Brandy thought as she walked back inside the treehouse with the little rabbit in her arms before shutting the door. Arriving back at the bunk beds, she was about to place Whiskers back in his bottom bunk as she had no intention of actually sleeping with him until she thought about what she really said to Whiskers. She looked at Whiskers still asleep until she had an idea.

Brandy set Whiskers on the top bunk and removed her slippers before laying on the bottom. "Now if Whiskers asks me why I slept in his bunk and not with him, I'll just say I rolled over and fell into his bunk." Brandy said. "Hopefully he hasn't noticed sooner." She looked up at Whiskers to check if he was still sleeping. He was out like a light. Brandy breathed a sigh of relief and slowly closed her eyes.