Chapter five

Sorry for the slow updates, I have been thinking about what way I want to take this book. I am open to any suggestions! (Also I have no idea if Katie and Rue are finished or not and I hope they are still together, I just am saying they are broken up in this book to add to the plot😭)

Lia and Caitlin have been taking things very slow. They have gotten back together and are happy but they would be lying if they said things are how they used to be.

From when they were broken up Jordan and Katie being the good friends they are, booked a holiday to take Caitlin on to Ibiza. Jordan obviously told Leah, but nobody mentioned anything to Lia.

This was mainly because Leah and Caitlin forgot. So the day before the holiday, Caitlin cursed at herself as she received a message from Katie saying she would pick Caitlin up at 8 am the next morning.

Caitlin was no where near ready. She also has to tell her girlfriend she was leaving for a week with her newly single best friend Katie (who was a big partier and everyone knew it) and Jordan.

So when Caitlin walked through to tell Lia she made sure to highlight Jordan was going. "Lia, I am so sorry but I forgot that I booked a holiday with Jordan and Katie for tomorrow."

Lia looked at her girlfriend confused. "You mean you forgot that you were going to party for a week?" Lia questioned Caitlin.

"You have got to trust me and Jordan Lia. You know that I wouldn't do anything to hurt you and Jord would never do anything to Leah." Caitlin said as Lias agreed but was clearly not impressed.

Despite Lia being annoyed, Lia still helped Caitlin pack even with her foot still being useless. Caitlin still had to help Lia to get around the house sometimes and their fellow Arsenal teammates now think it's funny to call Caitlin Lia's personal taxi service. Caitlin didn't care though, she would do anything to help Lia.

That's another reason why she was dreading this trip because Lia would not have her there to help her. So Caitlin made sure to phone Beth and Viv, who were now allowed to drive again, to help Lia. It turns out that they are also having to drive Leah whilst Jordan is away too.

Lia and Caitlin both wanted the same thing, just for them to be happy together. They loved eachother no doubt, but they weren't clicking, it was like something was missing about their relationship.

So when Caitlin was picked up by Katie the next morning, they promised to each other when Caitlin came back they would talk about it.

Lia trusted Caitlin for sure, but she had no idea what her girlfriend was doing in Ibiza, she didn't know where abouts she was staying or what she was doing. If Katie was planning it then Lia didn't want to know.

Caitlin's POV

I was excited for this trip with my girls. It is no secret that Steph, Jordan and Katie were my bestfriends. Steph wasn't coming because she was already in Australia but she still messaged me to have a good time.

I have the busiest schedule coming up, I am in Ibiza for a week and then I was planning to go to Australia straight after. I decided not to do that anymore, I will stay in London for a few days to spend time with Lia before I jet off to Sydney.

Katie, Jordan and I boarded the plane and once we were comfy in our seats I turned to the devil out of the trio. "Katie, do you plan on telling us what we are doing on this holiday?"

When I got a smirk in reply from Katie, Jordan and I turned to eachother flashing the other a worried look. I appreciate that Katie has recently gotten out of a long term relationship with Ruesha and it was very tough on Katie but I didn't want to jeopardise my newly fixed relationship.

"Katie, as much as I love you chick I am not getting with any girls or anything like that. You know how I feel about Lia, I need it to work with her." I firmly told my feisty best-friend.

I felt Jordan nod from beside me "Yeah same, I love Leah there is not a chance I will do anything to break us up again."

Katie nodded "I know girls, I would never make you do that. We are going to plenty of parties and festivals though."

I was fine with that, I do love a good festival. Once we landed, I received a message from Lia. I opened the text when we were sat down at a restaurant about to eat some dinner. "Hope your flight was okay, have a good time -Li x"

I looked at some previous messages I had with Lia. Ones that we would never send a message without adding a love you or a miss you. It made my heart hurt a bit. Would we ever get back to that?

Jordan must've realised that I went a bit quiet for a minute. "Everything okay Cait?" she asked with nothing but empathy written on her face. I knew I could confide in Jord, I knew I could trust her.

"As much as I love Lia, it just isn't the same. I want it to be but I don't know what to do." I said as I let out a deep breath, trying to stop myself from crying.

"It was like that with me and Leah for a while Cait. I won't lie to you, it is tough but once you get past the rocky stage of getting back together, it is even better than when you first start dating. It takes time Cait, if you love Lia like I know you do, then just give it time." Jordan said as I took in her words.

"Thank you Jord, I needed that." I said as I side hugged her. I then looked back at my phone. I was met with a photo I took of Lia in Switzerland as my lockscreen, she looked so beautiful.

I love Lia so much. The pain I got when we were broken up was unbearable. I would never let that happen again.

So I wrote a message back to my girlfriend "Hi Li, the flight was all good. Currently at a restaurant about to get dinner. Hope you are okay, please give me regular updates so I know you are fine. I miss you already darlin'. I love you - Cait"