04

It was a stormy day. When I was walking down the street with umbrella shielding me.

As I was walking, I saw a beautiful lady stood at the side of the street. Under the roof of a shop, "Would you like a lift?" I questioned, maintaining my distant.

She hesitantly nodded to me and walked into the umbrella held in my hand. We started our pace as I kept her apart from any uncomfortable conversation.

But she breaks the comfortable silence—she was just telling direction to where she wanted to go.

But then she questioned, "I'm Mallory. Your name is?" I said my answer.

Then keeping our talk, I brought the topic, "Hopefully your boyfriend won't slaughter me if he saw us like this."

She chuckled, "Don't worry, I'm single."

I wish, this was what I could've been able to tell, Bridget. Sadly, I can't. Because that's not true at all.

I couldn't tell Bridget the actual story either— or atleast not from my actual thoughts.

•••

I climbed up the stairs, the music reverberating throughout the house. It was rather annoying how people danced, oblivious to the discomfort they caused others with their accidental bumps.

The women just won't stop getting into my personal space.

I lightly nudge the door open checking if I'm gonna get some alone time or not.

No one.

Great.

I walk and sit on couch litting up the cigarette, I lean my head on the back of the couch and sigh in relief.

The music is still audible but least compared to floor beneath.

I can't believe that I'm at the birthday party of Louis' cousin. The place is huge and everything is fine. But they should've kept party at the back yard, better than having dancing chimpanzees at house.

Ah yea, it's raining out there.

I keep looking at the huge mirror in front of me. Is this the place? I mean who on earth thinks this is the best idea to keep mirror in front of couch.

You're staring at yourself as you stay seated on couch. Yuck. Worst spot.

My eyebrows lowers as I see curtain behind me moving.

I turn my head back and see that half window is covered by curtain. "Someone there?" I questioned not moving from my spot.