6. Settling In

6.1

I returned to the classroom on time, having convinced the alien girl that I was not too worried about her amnesia and locked her back in my room. It is not difficult to tell the truth.

I heard an announcement regarding a club fair on the way. Apparently the next 30 minutes would be devoted to the fair, where students would have the opportunity to explore various extracurricular activities. This was an interesting choice of scheduling, as schools would generally have these fairs after end of the day, perhaps around 5 pm, in order to give the organizers time to prepare as well.

I noticed Horikita on the way to my seat, holding an appetizing deli sandwich. What an unhealthy person she was. She gave me a scowl from her seat, still unhappy how I rejected her offer to eat lunch together.

Indeed, sandwiches are the number source of sodium and saturated fat in the diet of Americans, constituting a whopping 20% of sodium and 19% of saturated fat. In addition, many condiments added to sandwiches, such as the tomato ketchup and barbecue sauces, contain hidden sugar. In general, eating sandwiches increases the chances of cancer, diabetes, and heart disease, accentuating the risk of diabetes by 20% and heart disease by 40%.

To be healthy requires discipline. Ask Ayanokoji-kun, who despite being an average high-school student, had the willpower to purchase 7 tubs of ice cream. If healthiness was a test, Ayanokoji-kun would be the exemplar.

Thank you, thank you. As Ayanokoji Kiyotaka, it indeed brings me great pleasure to-

Ah, Horikita is saying something. Maybe I should pay attention.

"-w-would you come with m-me, Ayanokoji-kun?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Ayanokoji-kun, do you suffer from dementia, or are you just an idiot? I suppose I will be forced to repeat myself to accommodate your lack of neurons."

Horikita looked rather annoyed. You don't have to repeat yourself, Horikita. I am sure I could function quite well without hearing your comments.

"Hey, Ayanokoji-kun, are-"

"I'm not interested in joining any club."

"I didn't even ask you anything yet."

"Well, what is it?"

"Ayanokoji-kun, are you interested in joining a club?"

I looked at Horikita curiously, somewhat discombobulated. What is going on? Am I stuck in some kind of temporal loop?

Horikita, on her part, looked at me like an innocent puppy, unaware of any changes to the flow of time.

CHOOSE.

The hipster God was a shameless slacker. In my conversation with him over the phone, he clearly indicated that I would receive notifications for missions, which would signal the end of Absolute Choice. However, I have received no such notification, and Absolute Choice only continues.

Unfortunately, as he holds the position of God for some reason, I cannot exactly hold him accountable. Perhaps on our next phone call, I could search for some weakness in his personality to exploit. It would be useful to have God on my side.

In any case, I was powerless in my position, helplessly waiting for the options to be listed.

1. GO TO THE CLUB FAIR WITH HORIKITA.