⁺ ‧₊ 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐌𝐔𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 ♱˚ ₊

(𝐘/𝐍) 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐙𝐄 𝐀𝐓 that very moment. She would have dismissed the thought of someone possibly breaking in had it not been for the light sound of the window closing and the muffled sounds of a person's footsteps that followed suit. It widened her weary eyes, but she quickly stayed put and hidden.

But then then the sound of footsteps stopped right at the side of the bed she was currently hiding under. From there, thanks to the limited amount of moonlight that had entered from the window, she could see the pair of shoes the alleged intruder wore.

Black Oxford dress shoes... They're common, but that should narrow down the list of people  I should suspect. I should keep that in mind.

(Y/N) held her breath as she quietly and steadily reached down to her right shoe, grabbing hold of the hidden dagger knife she kept there and sneaked in for cases of emergency. She was half-expecting the unknown person in the room to somehow figure out that where she was hiding and attack her, but then she heard a man make a frustrated grunt and mutter a few swear words.

What she certainly wasn't expecting, however, was for the man to dial someone familiar to her.

"Vincere," the man hissed. "She's not here. The room key is missing. None of her stuff is lying around, and everything looks untouched! She had been escorted to her room, but she was never shown leaving in any of the camera footages. Where on Earth could that woman have gone?"

"(Y/N) isn't there?" the voice on the other line of the call sounded. "She must've suspected something and left discreetly. She messaged me about arriving but she went offline after that. Didn't you give orders to every hotel guest and staff to act naturally around her?"

"I did," the man sighed. "Whatever. She must be nearby... She locked the door from inside, using the additional chain lock. I will find her sooner or later. She is my reward, after all."

With that, the mysterious man had walked towards the door, unlocking it by moving the chain from the extra lock before eventually leaving.

(Y/N) exhaled sharply upon hearing the door close. But she figured that whoever came by would not visit a second time that night, and so she came out from under the bed and slid her room key into its holder to turn on the table lamp and air conditioning. She managed to sleep rather peacefully after a while - the plush bedding on the four-poster bed, compared to the carpet on the floor, was luxurious and seemed to only amplify her weariness.

♱✗⇢✗⇢✗⇢✗⇢✗⇢✗⇢✗⇢✗⇢✗⇢✗⇢✗⇢✗⇢✗⇢✗♱

(Y/N woke up later in the morning to the sound of the doorbell. She blinked several times, rubbing her eyes as she thought to herself.

Should I really open the door?

I probably should... it would be even more suspicious if I don't.

(Y/N) felt slightly uncomfortable due to sleeping with the same clothes she wore for the entirety of the previous day, though such matters were the least of her concern at the moment.

Slowly, she strode her way over to the front door, though she made sure to keep her knife within her pocket just to be safe. With a bit of reluctance, she opened the door with her non-dominant hand.

The man whom she saw at the reception desk was now standing before her, just right outside her suite. "Good morning, madam. According to your reservation details, you visited Sanguinaris Hotel with the intention of reviewing it, correct? I am Necare Commode, and I have been requested to personally tour you around the hotel," he spoke, introducing himself with confidence.

(Y/N) was careful as to maintain eye contact and not to let her eyes wander as she nodded and faked a smile, but she was sure she caught a glimpse of Necare's pair of shoes. His Black Oxford dress shoes.