⁺ ‧₊ 𝐄𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐔𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 ♱˚ ₊

𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐋 𝐌𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒, (Y/N) only stared at the dried, splattered blood that fluoresced a pale blue shade. She used her phone to take a photo of the scene, documenting it. Afterwards, she brightened the lights and took a second photo before putting away her torch.

Seating herself on the velvet armchair near the writing desk, (Y/N) held her phone, inspecting the first photo she had taken. She narrowed her eyes as she began to ruminate and ponder on what were the possibilities of a person having previously been murdered in the very room she would be staying in for the next four days.

Could this all have merely originated from a simple nosebleed? No... if that were the case, there wouldn't be this much blood. A person would naturally try to let as little blood as possible spill onto the floor as to not create a mess.

Its glow is fairly bright, but not very much so. This must have been fairly recent.

There's one main puddle of blood, and then there's smaller specks and splatters scattered in the direction three-hundred-and-fifteen degrees from north at which I took the picture. 

A fair percentage of the blood seems to have been smeared, which could be taken as a sign of struggle.

It likely was a murder. If it was a non-lethal injury from an attack, or even a suicide, there would've been public reports about it.

Sanguinaris has high security. It was unlikely that someone could secretly commit a murder here. Then I can only assume the worst.

...

Vincere was right. Sanguinaris is hiding something.

At that point, (Y/N) felt unsafe from where she sat. She searched the entire suite about seven times for any faculties - for just about anything she deemed a possible threat to her security. The front door was secure - and so were the windows.

But if someone had lost their life to an attack there and it was never found out, then (Y/N) definitely would not risk becoming the next person to get slaughtered. That night, she slept under her bed and not on it. She hid her luggage down there with her, and even removed the room key from its slot to make it look like she wasn't around.

She knew such precautions would likely be unnecessary and might even be amusing in hindsight, but she chose to take zero risks. Sleeping under that bed, however, felt unbearable to (Y/N).

She was attempting to sleep on top of a carpet's synthetic fiber after all, and in total darkness - without air conditioning no less. She found herself unable to sleep after a long period of time, and was tempted to just sleep with the luxuries her suite offered to provide for her. But before she could come out from under the bed, her sensitive ears picked up the faint sound of a window opening. 

♱✗⇢✗⇢✗⇢✗⇢✗⇢✗⇢✗⇢✗⇢✗⇢✗⇢✗⇢✗⇢✗⇢✗♱

(a/n: tysm for 100 reads! it's been like 3 days since i started writing this and it feels like ive already reached a milestone! 💗)