⁺ ‧₊ 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐎 ♱˚ ₊

(a/n: i do not own or take credit for the images in the header above. full credits goes to their respective owners. this is also my first story- i lack confidence in my writing capabilities but i am open to feedback/criticism. the story is guaranteed to feature gore, so if you are sensitive to that, it is highly advised for you to read the story with caution or not at all.)

♱✗⇢✗⇢✗⇢✗⇢✗⇢✗⇢✗⇢✗⇢✗⇢✗⇢✗⇢✗⇢✗⇢✗♱

(𝐘/𝐍) (𝐋/𝐍) 𝐒𝐀𝐓 𝐈𝐃𝐋𝐘 at her desk, which was terribly organized - even being nearly shrouded completely with documents and whatnot. She made a mental note to invest in some storage solutions and to create a system to help her stay organized in the future, but at the moment, she was staring at her apartment ceiling while contemplating every life choice she made.

(Y/N) was unsatisfied, she was bored with her current life. Her initial excitement with becoming a detective quickly died down when she got good - a little too good at solving crimes. She may have gotten a lot of money and fame, but such matters were of no concern to someone like (Y/N).

What I want... What I need... It has to be new and exciting. Perhaps...

Her phone then rang, her ringtone blaring through her room. She seemed unfazed by it, though it did pull her out of her trance. She slowly blinked and frowned as she only watched her phone continue to buzz. After a few seconds, she decided to pick up the phone, and the voice of her supervisor quickly followed suit.

"(Y/N), (Y/N), do you hear me?" her sergeant called out.

"I hear you, Sergeant Vincere. But first I must ask, am I going to get another ten unsolved cases thrown my way?" (Y/N) responded with an inquiry.

"Ah," Vincere chuckled. "No, of course not. However, there is a task I'd like to give you. It involves a certain hotel chain you might have heard about once or twice. It is fairly well-known and highly-rated, but I have reason to believe it's quite... perfidious. You see, one of our agency's other detectives from overseas decided to temporarily stay at Sanguinaris Hotel, but after staying there for a night, he suddenly quit his job. His wife, however, never heard from him again. He was later reported missing... We tried to investigate the hotel with a search warrant but according to the hotel, the detective never even visited. We don't have evidence of his stay, either."

"So... Allow me to take a guess," (Y/N) muttered. "You're personally requesting me to inspect the hotel undercover, without a search warrant, and without guarantee that this... detective actually even visited?"

"That's... one way to put it..." Vincere mumbled before continuing, "But I am confident that you'll succeed in finding evidence of the detective's stay. I have no doubt in my head that Sanguinaris is responsible for more than just his disappearance. I can book one of their hotel rooms for you. You get to stay at the hotel for five nights while you investigate it - I'll pay for everything, what do you say?"

(Y/N) hummed as she thought about his offer. "Deal. But if I go missing, I will haunt you until your death inevitably happens."

Vincere chuckled at (Y/N)'s words before speaking again, "I know you will. But I wish you the best of luck in this matter. I will contact you again about this later, Detective (Y/N). For now, do focus on your current cases."

With that, the phone call ended, and (Y/N) sighed before smiling.

It's probably wrong for me to wish for this... But... I do hope I find something... Then it would be like investigating a crime scene up-close, and it would definitely be my hardest case yet... How exciting.

She continued to work on solving what cases she currently had while drinking (f/d). But little did she know, she would soon come to regret hoping for such a thing.