Vacation

The Leclerc family had invited me and my mom on vacation with them. My mom was hesitant but I convinced her to go. The Leclerc' own a vacation home in the south of France so that was where we stayed.

"Oh Amelia" Charles' mom greeted me at the house. "It has been way too long since we talked" She told me putting her hand on my cheek.
"Elena darling I have missed you" She said rushing over to my mom. "Oh Pascale we have so much to talk about" my mom replied and with that they were already into their own conversation.

"Hey" I greeted Charles and Arthur who were already in their summer clothes. "Where's Julia?" I asked thinking she was supposed to go with us.
"Not now" Charles quickly replied.
"Charles" I said giving him a disappointed look.
"Let me take that" Arthur told me taking my suitcase using it as an excuse to leave.

"It didn't work" Charles mumbled referring to his and Julia's relationship. "Charles she was nothing but good" I told him in a serious tone. "My mom already had that talk with me, you don't have to say it as well" Charles replied looking at the ground. "Okay, I'm just trying to say that if she wasn't good enough for you" I paused for a second. "Then you're never gonna find someone Charles" I said giving him a half smile. Charles didn't say anything. "Well let's enjoy our vacation right?" I asked taking my arm around him.

"Oh that was definitely something" Pascale said laughing. We finished dinner ages ago but my mom and Pascale kept talking for hours. I felt a kick on my foot. I looked over to my side where Charles was trying to get my attention. He nodded his head to the door signaling that we should leave, I nodded at him in response.

"This tasted amazing Elena thank you so much" Charles told my mom. "But I think me and Amelia are gonna go now" He said politely.
"Of course, you kids go have fun" my mom told Charles, she absolutely adored him. Charles got up and I followed. I looked over at Pascale. She gave me a weird smile, that I couldn't read. It was like a smirk.

Me and Charles left and headed to the beach.
"You're mom still sees us as teenagers" Charles said laughing. And it was true, she treated us, especially Charles, like we were still 15. But I was 20 and Charles was 21.

"Look what I got us" Charles said pulling out a bottle of vodka. "How did you even-" I started but Charles interrupted me. "A magician never reveals his tricks" Charles said smirking. "Your so stupid" I replied laughing.

We sat down on the beach and opened the bottle. But right now we're acting just like teenagers. We were drinking without our moms knowing and sneaked us away from the dinner.

I drank a big sip of the bottle and passed the bottle to Charles. "Truth or sip?" I asked smiling. "Of course" Charles replied ready for his question.

I started of lightly.
"Who do you hate the most in the grid?" I asked. Charles sipped from the bottle in response. "Boringgg" I teased. Charles passed the bottle to me.

"Do you like Pierre?" He asked suddenly very seriously. "What did he tell you?" I asked. "That you rejected him" Charles answered. I sipped in response because I genuinely didn't know what to answer.

I passed the bottle to Charles ready for revenge. "Why did you reject Julia?" I asked curiously. "Fuck off" Charles told me. "Come on tell me" I pleaded him. "I wish I could tell you why" Charles quietly answered and took a massive sip of the vodka.
"It just didn't feel right" He answered truthfully. He then passed the bottle to me.

"Why did you reject Pierre?" He asked now taking his revenge. I wanted to tell him to fuck off, but I just asked him the same question.
"I have no idea" I answered in all honesty. Charles laughed. "We're horrible at love huh?" He said laughing. "I've never been in love so I can't really be bad at I-" I tried but Charles interrupted me. "Oh shut up of course you've been in love" Charles said. I shook my head.
"What about that Italian guy?" Charles asked
"Just a hook up"
"The go karting guy"
"I was 11"
"What about the German guy?"
"He was in love with me, the love wasn't returned"

There was an awkward silence between us. "You just proved my point" Charles mumbled under his breath. "Shut up" I said. I didn't like him being in the right. The sun had gone down and the only light we had was the moon shining.

Charles slightly moved his hand and our fingers touched. It was nothing, yet it was so much. I looked into Charles' green eyes.

"You looked hot" Charles blurted out. "What?" I asked even though I clearly heard what he said. "When we went out to dinner in Belgium" Charles replied staring into my eyes. "I wanted to say that to you" Charles confessed. I was silent for a second. I constantly looked from his eyes and down to his lips.

He looked so good.

Charles moved closer to me, our faces now inches apart. Charles gave me a smile and leaned in to kiss me. Our lips collided with passion. Charles pulled away, but his face wasn't the same now. "I'm sorry Amelia but we shouldn't" Charles said putting his head in his hands. "Yeah you're right, sorry" I whispered, a pain grew in my throat making my mouth dry and quiet.

"We should probably head to bed" Charles stated. As he got up I looked at him. His eyes were watery and a tear fell into the sand. I just watched him leave. I was so lost. I've never been so mad at Charles, but I've also never loved him this much. I took Charles' advice and went to bed.

___________________________________

2 chapters in a day!!!
I really hope you guys are enjoying the story