twenty

"If you know what's good for you, you know nothing."

The larger man's slightly slouched over position had now vanished. Alfie stood with a straight back with his shoulders squared out. He was no longer the adorable, sweater-wearing, has-a-second-Twitter-account-just-to-follow-back-as-many-fans-as-possible-because-he's-that-nice Alfie; he was this large, intimidating monster of a man. Compared to him; Joe was an ant that could easily be squashed if need be.

Joe attempted to copy Alfie's stance, squaring himself up to look as large as possible (he actually looked around the same height, but it gave him confidence-sort of), "are you threatening me now? Like you threatened Caspar? Does Zoe know about that, too?"

Joe saw Alfie's eyes flash with anger at the mention of his girlfriend's name. He let out a puff of breath of rage and with a clenched fist pointed at Joe.

"You're her brother," Alfie spoke in a low, menacing tone, "but don't think for a second I wouldn't..."

"Wouldn't what? Get one of your little fuck buddies to threaten me?" Joe snarled, taking a few steps closer to the other boy who was now practically shaking with anger. He dropped his tone to a low whisper once he was close enough, "I'm terrified."

Alfie's eyes widened ever so slightly at Joe's statement. More specifically, when Joe mentioned the phone call to Caspar. He seemed genuinely surprised, but didn't say anything about it. It threw Joe off a little, why did he seem surprised? It must have been Alfie who called him, right?

"I could kill you, Joe. You know I could," Alfie reminded him.

"But you won't."

Alfie broke out into a chuckle, rolling his eyes before dropping them into a glare.

"And you could? Look at you. You're pathetic. Call yourself a YouTuber? You only have the subscribers you have because of Zoe. Everyone says it, even Caspar... he's supposed to be your best friend, right? He had a crush on Zoe, that's why he moved in with you. Everything good that's happened to you is because of Zoe."

Joe didn't respond, just stood there, quaking in pure rage. His clenched fist pawed at his jeans, bunching them up just so he'd have something to hold onto so he didn't punch Alfie.

"And what about you?" Joe finally asked, "You don't love her. You never did. You moved in with her for the money, and the subscribers. I'd rather be pathetic than you, a liar. And when everyone finds out who you are really, I hope they fucking rip you apart."

Joe pressed his lips tight together and clenched his jaw. From the corner of his eye he could see Nala on the couch, eyeing the two with an anxious (if dogs can even have facial expressions) look. She could probably feel the tension in the room.

"You think I'm going to be the one they'll rip apart? Maybe you are insane. Carful, Joe, or you'll end up just like your aunt." Alfie jeered.

Joe saw red.

He lunged at Alfie, throwing all of his body weight onto the taller male. He'd caught Alfie by surprise, which worked to his advantage as Alfie didn't have time to brace himself to stop Joe knocking him down. Alfie fell backwards, Joe on top of him. On his way down to the cold, wooden floorboards Alfie's torso collided with the sharp edge of the glass coffee table, taking it down with him. Two cups of coffee that had been sitting on the surface, along with a decorative glass bowl shattered on the ground as the table veered upwards. Pieces of different coloured glass and pot exploded along the floor, spreading out to all places including under the sofa, and under Alfie when he fell.

Blood sprung from a cut on Alfie's forehead, and Joe was certain he'd caught his leg on some glass but that didn't stop him. Joe's bruised, hot-white from clenching it so hard fists came down on Alfie's face, over and over and over until something popped under his fingers and Alfie screamed in pain and somewhere, in the distance, Nala was howling. Joe didn't stop. Alfie's hands grasped Joe's arms, smearing spots of blood up them. Eventually, after almost three solid, excruciating minutes of violence from Joe's end, Alfie seemed to finally manage to gain strength in his body to throw Joe off of him.

The blond boy hit the floor in front of the couch with a thud, breathing heavily. He glanced down momentarily at his hands and the blood covering them whilst Alfie cried out and brought a hand up to his broken face. Suddenly, like someone had flipped a switch Alfie veered over to stand and charged at Joe, grabbing him by the waist and pushing him up against the wall. A sharp pain shot through Joe's abdomen, causing him to groan and keel over. Another came, and another after that, and Joe was starting to wonder where the hell Caspar was.

The pain kept coming until Joe coughed up red, metallic-tasting liquid and struggled to keep his breathing even. Alfie stopped for a minute and smiled triumphantly, maybe he thought he'd won.

"See, Joe. You're nothing," Alfie jeered in whisper, "I could kill you. I could k..."

Joe's hand, which had been grasping, reaching for the lamp on the table beside him, brought the hard, metal bottom down on the side of Alfie's head. With a gasp, he collapsed off of Joe onto the floor. For an awful second, Joe thought the worst. He'd killed him.

His breath caught in his throat and his breathing stopped, until; finally, Alfie lifted a hand to the gash on the side of his head, pouring out blood.

"Kill me, could you?" Joe echoed, still gasping for breath. He glanced over the room; the broken glass littering the living room, blood seeping into the pristine white carpet, the wall covered in spots of blood. A broken lamp lying next to an injured Alfie Deyes.

Speaking of, Alfie was suddenly up on his feet again. But this time, he was armed with a chunk of broken glass. The pointed end towards Joe.

+i feel like everyone who reads this will want to kill alfie after